Saturday, March 28, 2009

Tagged: 7 Dream Jobs

Jamie over at Mrs. Sour Britches did a shout out tagging of her readers. Why not? Here's what she had to say.

1. Geologist. When I started thinking about my college career, I really wanted to become a geologist. I love rocks. I love the way that they are formed. I love fossils that are sometimes found with them. Rocks are way cool.
2. Nursery Tech. I love to grow things. I love putting color together and seeing how it all slowly comes together in the garden.
3. Buyer. I've done this for the art galleries that I've worked for. I went to Philadelphia and Baltimore with the Gallery Director of the previous gallery. I was able to buy gorgeous, handcrafted art. I was in heaven. I went on a seasonal buying trip for Christmas items with my current gallery to the Columbus Gift Mart. They would like me to go again, but I really need to hang at home and be mommy. Someday I'll be back on the buying circuit.
4. Storm Chaser Researcher. We're talking the real storm chasing with a purpose. I have a love for the Discovery Channel show Storm Chasers. I would absolutely love to be out doing research with Dr. Wurhman, his crew and to do what I can do to help the cause for increased warning. Hey, I took Climatology in college. I know a little! :)
5. Nature Photographer. I sit for hours outside while K- plays. I completely drain my camera batteries all in the quest to get the perfect picture. I'm not good by any stretch, but I'm working on it.
6. Glass artist. Well, I am a glass artist, but in the leaded glass sense. I would love to go back to glass blowing. I did it for a few years in college (for credit) and fell in love. I loved the heat. I loved being able to take something that I couldn't actually touch, manipulate it with a variety of tools and turn it into something beautiful. I loved going into the cold shop and polishing the pieces. It was a long process, but something that was gorgeous if you got it just right.
7. Writer. I would love to write a book someday. I just need to pull the words out of my swiss cheese brain and re-learn the proper way to use punctuation. I would love to write a book about Bailey. I started one. It's far from finished.

As a bonus, do you know what my mom's dream job is? She wants to be a toll booth worker. She said that she thinks it would be fascinating to meet people from all over!

Take the tag and run with it, if you please!

Day 8: Love is not jealous. Love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire. -- Song of Solomon 8:6 NIV

Determine to become your spouse's biggest fan and to reject any thoughts of jealousy. To help you set your heart on your spouse and focus on their achievements, take yesterday's list of negative attributes and discreetly burn it. Then share with your spouse how glad you are about a success he or she recently enjoyed.

No comments: