Thursday, February 19, 2009

33 Marriage Facts

I stole this one from Jawan at The McGinnis Message. Enjoy!

1. What are your middle names? Delevan and Lynn. (Mine is not Delevan.)
2. How long have you been together? 15 years. (Married for 12.)
3. How long did you know each other before you started dating? We met in late January and began dating on February 14. We were to go out on February 13, but my brother had the stomach flu and was running around the house vomiting. I didn't think that would make a good first impression, so we switched our date to the next afternoon.
4. Who asked who out? He asked me out first. I told him, "I don't mean to shoot you down, but I'm still kind of dating someone." He took my phone number and told me that he would phone me that weekend. I ran home and gave the guy I was dating one last chance. I ended up dumping him and waiting for Hubs' call. He never called. The next week, I knew that the ball was in my court. I asked him if he wanted to do anything. He did!
5. How old were each of you? I was 20 and he had just turned 22.
6. Whose siblings do/ did you see the most? Mine.
7. Do you have any children together? 2. One here, one in heaven.
8. What about pets? One Maine Coon cat (AKA our first child) and Spike, our Green Iguana.
9. Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple? My husband's digestive problems. The loss of Bailey was very difficult, as well.
10. Did you go to the same school? College, yes. High school, no.
11. Are you from the same home town? No. Hubs is from the greener and more expensive side of the fence.
12. Who is smarter? We each have our own gifts. Each of us have different gifts that compliment each other. I actually don't think that either one is smarter than the other!
13. Who is more sensitive? We both are. He is softer in some ways and I'm softer in others.
14. Where do you eat out most as a couple? Panera and Einstein's.
15. Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple? Maybe Madeline Island in the Apostle Islands in Wisconsin. (Bailey was a vacation baby. This is why her middle name is Madeline.)
16. Who has the craziest exes? That would be me. Hubs didn't date anyone before me. I had the ex-fiance who ended up being a dru*g dealer. Ah, yes. Good times there. I didn't know. (And no, I've never partaken.) His car would magically be broken on the weekends. Um, yes. That would be so that he could borrow my car to do his running in. Then, when I broke up with him for cheating on me with a 16 year old tart, he forged my name on paperwork, sailed it past the notary at the car dealership where he worked and stole my car with a title that appeared to be free, clear and in his name. I had to pull charges against him to get my car back. It was way ugly.

The guy I was dating at the time that Hubs asked me out? Well, he was so special, too. Definitely a rebound guy, as I wouldn't have picked him otherwise. (Mean, I know, but honest.) He was his own unique person and very self absorbed. He would drive to his house from mine (an hour + away) then tell me that he had no gas money to get me back home, so he'd just have to have me spend the night. I lived at home and that wasn't an option. He longed for the relationship that he had in high school, though at that point he was 23 and should have let it go by then. I was tired of hearing him moan and groan that I lived too far away. He was the one who pursued me, so I told him that perhaps we needed to see other people. I started dating Hubs, he went back to dating his high school girlfriend and ended up with the same relationship problems that they had before. He wanted me to break up with Hubs and go back to him. No thank you.
17. Who has the worse temper? Me.
18. Who does the cooking? Me.
19. Who is more social? MEEEEEEE!
20. Who is the neat-freak? Our home is lived in. Neither one is a neat freak, though we don't live in squalor or a dump.
21. Who is the more stubborn? Me, by far. Though, K- is nipping at my heels at a pretty good pace.
22. Who hogs the bed? Me if he would give me the opportunity and he doesn't.
23. Who wakes up earlier? It depends. It goes both ways.
24. Where was your first date? Technically, we met at the college library, decided that we couldn't actually study and decided to drive to the mall and walk around a bit.
25. Who has the bigger family? Me.
26. Do you get flowers often? Nah. Hubs stopped buying me flowers (not altogether, just now once a year or so) when I said, "Sure! I'll marry you!" He does buy me a beautiful hanging basket every year for Mother's Day!
27. How do you spend the holidays? We start at home, travel to our family homes (which aren't far) and are back at home by 3 PM so that we can enjoy the rest of the day together.
28. Who is more jealous? Neither one of us are particularly jealous.
29. How long did it take to get serious? We knew from the beginning. We were talking about seriously big, not-going-anywhere things the first week. We even talked about adoption the first week we dated.
30. Who eats more? Hubs.
31. Who does the laundry? Me.
32. Who’s better with the computer? Hubs.
33. Who drives when you are together? Me. I have some driving anxieties (I've been rear-ended a few times) and I'm kind of a bad backseat driver.

What about you?

2 comments:

Rach said...

Nice insights. CA-RAZY ex, though. Jeeze Louise! What a winner! ;oP I'm sorry you had to deal with that, what a mess.

I'm thinking I may have to play along this evening. This was fun. :o)

Jamie said...

What a nice list, minus the part about the ex. Not cool, but at least you moved on and are much better off now.

I'll steal this idea for another post.