Friday, August 29, 2014

My child asked for water too many times.

K asked for water a couple of times today.  Since it was more than her teacher deemed necessary, he asked that I write a note for her regarding her water consumption.  I crafted the following note for him:

August  29, 2014

Mr. H,

K said that you needed a water note.  I wrote you a water song instead.  I thought you might appreciate my efforts.

K has some very hot pipes,
Doo-dah, doo-dah,
She drinks water like a camel,
Oh, the doo-dah-day.

She may need some extra water,
2 sips just won’t do,
When her sponge is dry she tends to have some headaches, too.

A little more water helps to solve that.
Doo-dah, doo-dah,
Please allow rehydration,
Oh, the doo-dah-day.

Whoooo!

Thanks,

Amy 
Mom to K and tacky songstress


I think that he'll understand her need.   Since he brings a guitar to school and did a bunch of magic tricks for the class on the first day, I figured that I could completely get away with this.

2 comments:

Rach said...

Sounds good to me! How did he react/respond?

Bailey's Leaf said...

She said that he said that was all he needed. She had a further discussion with him explaining that this time of year, her allergies get the better of her causing migraines. She told him that she drinks more water at those times because it helps her head to feel better. Works for him!