Thursday, April 11, 2013

Taking advantage of the rain.

Today we had some glorious thunder storms.  The first ones of the year.  Wind was blowing, rain was spitting into the doors at work.  It was a good thing.  I had decided to leave both the front and courtyard doors open to get a nice breeze.  It was a good idea until about 4:15 when it was sticky and a little stifling.  The rain came about 20 minutes later and cooled the whole place down.  The three of us stood on the porch and watched it pour.  You would have thought we never saw rain.  Jessica said it, though-- the first storm.

I admit that I was regretting having made the decision to wait to put the rain barrel back out.  There was a spot of sprinkles when I got home and I ran to the shed, pulled the rain barrel out, flipped it over, dragged it up and got it all hooked back up.  In a half hour, just the sprinkles filled the barrel to the top.

It makes me smile!

I have all sorts of wonderful tomato plants that will certainly take advantage of the fresh rain water and the fly trap and sundew appreciate the rain water, too.

The new sprouts got a nice watering.  The lightning will green everything up.

A nice blessing it is!

Have a great night!

1 comment:

Rach said...

We've had drizzle on and off for the past two months, but no true storms. How delightful for you! :o)