Oops. He completely forgot about the low hanging wires. Thankfully, he was going slow and Hubs was able to stop him before he ripped the phone line clean off the house. Even if he had, our neighbor is an SBC guy, so he could have fixed it lickety split.
Backing up to the beautiful, very level pad that Hubs created specifically for the shed.
Getting ready to lower it into place.
Oh look! There it is, along with Hubs planting grass around the perimeter.
The patio area before. (When the weather was better, the grass was just cut and the flowers were flourishing a bit more than they did this year.)
Voila! After. We'll be having my in-law's over on Saturday night to celebrate my father-in-law's birthday. We'll be cooking hot dogs over the fire pit and making s'mores as a birthday treat.
But don't worry. I promise that I helped with the patio. Just look at the overly flattering photo that my daughter dearest took of my backside. I must teach her about angles, but her photography style for a 5 year old isn't bad. Her fingers aren't in the way, she is pretty good at centering and isn't real wobbly when taking photos.
K- has officially shot 1 pair of shoes. I swear that they would have been $30.00, but I paid $5.00 or so for them on the Toys R Us clearance rack. They were "Not Me" Skecheresque shoes in black. She wore them only for school for one week and blew out a strap. I'm going to see if my seamstress friend, Laurie, can put her cobbler hat on and give them a tweak. Funny thing is that K- is not hard on shoes. Thankfully, I do have a pair of light up $40.00 Skechers that I bought at Toys R Us on the clearance for $7.00. Though they are sized 1/2 size larger than the ones that just blew out, they appear to be the same size. Here's to hoping that they last longer. Poor K-. She ended up walking home barefoot! (No, she didn't mind at all.)
Smiles in my day:
- K- making a "book" for her teacher and writing "sentences." The sentences are a bunch of squiggles, but she's got the idea.
- Hubs working so blasted hard today. Actually, he has been all week, but today he worked non-stop from 7 AM until well after sunset (he came in around 9 PM or so.) He reset the driveway RR ties (which is why the gravel was all out of sorts in the shed pictures), reinstalled the cemented post and put the sections of fence back up, planted grass around the shed and a variety of places throughout the yard, mowed the yard and probably more but I'm too tired to remember them. So Hubs, thank you!
- K- being excited about the Garden Fair.
- I got some lovely deals at the grocery today.
- Tacos, Spanish Rice, chips and queso for dinner. Yum. K- was happy, too.
- K- telling me that I was the "best mommy" because I bought her Shrek soup for lunch. Is that the secret to parenting? Shrek soup? Hey, if it works!
Have a wonderful weekend! We'll be enjoying the extra time off together. See you on Tuesday.