Sunday, February 22, 2009

We flew through the air with the greatest of ease.

K- and I were toodling through the church parking lot. We were hand-in-hand. We were talking about what she learned in Sunday School and church. Then K- began to slide a bit. The clipper came through last night, laid down some freezing rain, then some snow. The parking lot was a sheet of ice. I had a pretty good grasp of her hand anyhow and tried to correct her falling by raising her arm. That only threw me off balance (since I was only wearing my snow-sensible Birkenstocks) and I went down. Hubs was a few paces behind us. All he could do was laugh. We both landed on our behinds in the church parking lot with the cars driving around us. I sat there for a few minutes, trying to get K- up and turned around. By the time I got up, I turned around and saw a group of people looking at me. All I could yell was, "It's just a little slick out here!"

Before we went to Sam's, we stopped by home. I needed to change my pants. They were soaked all the way through and I was freezing.

I sit here tonight stiffening with each word that I type. My lower back is a little swollen and I'm aching from the bounce. I've taken a few Advil and would love to sleep under a rockin' hot electric blanket, but that will only cause me to jitter and be dizzy in the AM. (This I found as a side effect to taking the Lipitor.) Know that I'm sure that tomorrow will bring even more aches and stiffness. It could have been far worse.

Here's a public service announcement-- Birkenstocks are not all weather footwear. Well, unless they are designed for that and mine were not. Come to think about it, funny thing is that I slipped and fell on the back steps a couple of months ago on the ice in the same darned shoes!

These would be the shoes, only in gray. Way comfy. Not snow friendly. Ugh.

2 comments:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Hope you aren't too sore today!! Glad you both weren't hurt more then some bumps and bruises and aching muscles. Remember: We live in NE Ohio. Boots are a good thing ;)

Rach said...

Cute shoes, though. ;o)

Oh how I hope you are not too stiff and sore this morning. There is nothing worse than slipping and busting your, um, yeah, *that* on ice. Ugh.