Thursday, February 26, 2009

Tagged: Bag Tag

What 'cha carrying? Jamie, a professed bag addict, wondered. I admit, I'm horrible about this female priority. I sell beautiful bags at work that I touch and tell how pretty they are. (Maruca, if you are wondering.) I tell the ladies who shop that if I were a better woman, I would treat myself to one but I never change my bag, with the exception of going to a wedding. I do carry a bag, though.

This is a hand-me-down, saved-from-garage-sale-dom Coach bag. When K- was 18 months old and we were looking at the possibility of her brother coming to live with us, my mother-in-law was out of town in Chicago helping my sister-in-law with her garage sale. She helped herself to some gender neutral baby items that my sister-in-law was getting rid of, but then she found this:
She said that she knew that it would be perfect for me. The price? $2.00. My mother-in-law paid nothing, of course. My sister-in-law was getting rid of all of her Coach bags for $2.00 each. I have no idea why. She tends to update things on a regular basis, doesn't hold onto things that she doesn't use, so I believe that is why this came to live with me.
Here is the gunk that hangs off my bag. I have an ever-so-attractive purple caribiner clip holding my car keys, miscellaneous keys and Chico bag onto my purse. I know where my keys are, always have my shopping bag on hand and drive people crazy as I ting-ting-ting down the aisles. K- and I also have squeaky shoe contests in the store, so between the two, shoppers probably hate us.
You wanna see inside? Well, I didn't clean it out so that you know exactly what I see. I have a two layer system. This is layer one.
This is layer two. Only the basics. Nothing fancy. Klassy, don't you think?

3 comments:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Love my chico bag!!
Your purse is so neat compared to mine. Mine is a disaster and I just cleaned it out too.
I have 2 Coach bags, both presents from the Hubs. I didn't think you got rid of those. Maybe you do if you have a lot of them.

Jamie said...

I have the caribiner thing happening too. There is a buckle on my purse that I clip it to. That ting-ting of the keys drives Jeff nuts. But hey, they have to be handy.

Rach said...

I have that same bag, lol! It too was a hand-me-down from a sibling updating their style.

My bag is a HUGE affair with LOTS of pockets. I triples as a purse/diaper/school bag. It's insane...