Monday, February 9, 2009

My Mama: The Diagnosis

Mom will be okay! Turns out that she is Anemic and has a Urinary Tract Infection. The doctor also told her that her blood work showed that she was having an allergic reaction to something. He said, "What's with that?" She said that she told him that she was going to wait until he was done, but since he asked she pulled out the paper of information that I told her and started reading. He said that I was very right and that she had "a very rare and serious allergic reaction to Tetracycline." Um, HOW DID HE NOT KNOW?! What he did say was that my mother's blood pressure of 140/110 was very, very concerning on Friday. But, her cholesterol after having had egg pie last week? A solid 130. God bless her. She at least has me on that.

So, my internet detective work wins today. I'm glad it helped my Mom out. I was so worried about her and am so very thankful that all of you belted out a prayer for her.

Thanks for the love!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Whoa, that is awesome... that she is ok, I mean. Not that she has the UTI or is anemic, but that is it not worse. Both are treatable.

Go you for finding that info about.... pretty smart you are!

Rach said...

Oh, thank goodness you have a diagnosis and it's not all awful. The allergic reaction is certainly scary, and goodness knows UTIs are no fun, but whew!

Michelle said...

glad to hear everything is going to be ok! and how great that you were able to help the dr dx what was going on! :)