Friday, February 20, 2009

Bzz Agent Product Review: The Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner

I'm bzzing today about a product that I'm checking out for Bzz Agent. The product that I'm giving a whirl is the Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner. The product advertisements boast the following:

Safe for use on most shower and tub surfaces. This includes fiberglass, tile, acrylic and plastic. This DOES NOT INCLUDE showers that are natural marble, have finished wood surfaces or brass fixtures. Good to know.

Better cleaner, same affordable price. Actually the suggested retail price has been lowered to $14.99 for a full set, so that is much better than hovering around the $20.00 mark when I checked them out in the store previously.

One-touch use for ease and convenience. The cleaning solution starts working as soon as it hits your shower/tub. There is a 15 second delay, but don't worry. There is also a warning on the bottle to remember that it is not to be used as bath wash. Yuck. I can't imagine.

No more water spots. The cleaner is supposed to combine with your shower water to remove soap scum and mildew and also prevent the build up of water spots. I could care less about the water spots. I do, however, care about the mildew. Again, yuck.

One bottle lasts up to three weeks, when used once daily. Just press the button when you are getting out of the shower.

Here are some things that I discovered:
1. Putting the hanger on was a little tricky. I'm thinking that other people thought the same, as the directions were written as such.
2. My husband has a shower caddy. I have to remove the shower caddy to use the automatic shower cleaner, then after the cleaner is done, I have to put the caddy back. I've discovered that I can hang the Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner from the shower curtain rod and just cover it with the shower curtain. No one sees, and hubs isn't mad at me for taking his shower caddy down.
3. Being that it is in use in my tub/shower, one side of the tub will be skipped. Yuck.
4. My shower curtain will get cleaned without my putting it into the laundry. That's a good thing.
5. You have to rinse before taking a bath or shower, as it makes the floor of the tub slick. Yes, I read this before getting into the tub. I'm thankful for having known that. Remember folks, read the directions.
6. It says that it is safe to spray on all personal care products like shampoo, sponges and soap. It is a chemical, though. If it makes the bottom of the tub slick and you aren't supposed to use it as a bath wash (not that I would have), I'm thinking that washing with it isn't that good of an idea. It will dry to a non-slick surface between showers, so that is good to know.

Now that I have used it, I have to say that this product is probably not well suited to us. I will continue to use it to give it the full test run. If I decide it isn't for us, Mom is waiting in the wings for the unit. She would like to use it in the shower in their vacation trailer on their river property. Honestly, I think that it would be a better application for this device. Shower only and no tub.

When I received the shower cleaner, I also received the Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Cleaning Gel wand. I was really excited to get this little bonus in my box. It was easy to put together and equally easy to stamp onto the inside of the toilet bowl. (Gives a new meaning to Stampin' Up, huh Rachael?) It smells wonderful and I am curious to see if it keeps my toilet bowl as clean as giving it a weekly cleaning with the standard liquid and brush. I admit that this was something that I really did want to buy to try, so it was a super-duper bonus in the box.

Included in the automatic shower cleaning kit was one of their flushable wipes. Another nice little bonus. I'm not generally a disposable wipe user in the house (same for Swiffer), but it's a one sheet thing. I'll give it a try.

So, anyone interested in a coupon for $5.00 off a Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner starter kit? If you are, feel free to e-mail me your mailing address and I'll get it sent out. I only have 5 coupons, so I'll send them out to the first 5 who request them. Don't like their product after you buy it? They have a money back guarantee!

If you do buy one or have any experience with the Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner, let me know-- good, bad or otherwise. I'll bzz back to Bzz Agent with all the feedback that you give me. Thanks! :)

Edited to add: Don't hang the Automatic Shower Cleaner from a tension rod. It will fall down in the middle of the night with a very loud boom, leak cleaning solution on your fabric shower curtain (strip the color out of it, as per the listed warning), and leave tiny shards of broken casing on the floor. On a bright note, the unit still works, but clearly isn't a good fit for us. We just don't have the ability to leave it hanging from the shower as the directions would wish. Bummer.

4 comments:

Rach said...

We have one and a shower caddy and wound up hanging a 3M hook opposite the shower head. When we remember to use it it works well. But, it does make things slicker than snot if you don't rinse first. ;o)

Bailey's Leaf said...

Didn't even think about a 3M hook. I did give brief thought to another hook yesterday, but that one slipped my mind. (No pun on slicker than snot!) Even still, Mama is happy to know that I'll be passing it on to her.

Thanks for the tip!

GERBEN said...

Hey! I didn't know that you were a bzz agent also! Of course I haven't bzzed anything in probably a year. I should probably do that again!

Jamie said...

I'm not a fan of scrubbing bubbles anything, after having tried a few things of course.

I didn't try the shower cleaner because I didn't think it would clean the tub. My walls aren't dirty, but the tub sides and floor do get dirty. It seems like it would be a bigger pain in the butt than just cleaning the tub the regular way. And rinsing the tub before using...why not just clean it the old way, all at once and get it over with?

The toilet gel thing... yah, tried that. It smells really chemically and made everyone in my house get a headache. The girls called it the "alien turd" because it was green and in the toilet. It didn't do anything to make the toilet cleaner or even smell good. I gave away almost a full tube to my aunt.

I also have the action scrubber thing, which is ok... I bought it once but I won't buy it again. I liked the handle with the pads, but it does not allow you to get into the corners or crevices in the faucet. The cleaner works good, but isn't a good value money wise to keep buying the refills.

I have a big wad of coupons here that I will never use and can't get anyone to take them.

I'm on bzz agent too. The only thing they sent me was a big box of candy bars. I had Jeff take them to work because I didn't need 100 snack size chocolates sitting here. I gave my review of them, which was good and that was it. I never qualified to do anything else.