Saturday, March 22, 2014

Whilst wearing my hat of domesticity, I am my daughter's taxi cab driver today.

I've officially started spring cleaning.  I mean, I'm in the thick of it now.  Yesterday I dipped my toes in.  I've now stripped the windows of their curtains and valances, I've got them laundered and while waiting for the dryer to free up from other laundry, I've washed half of the windows in the house.  If the weather won't say spring, I WILL!

My daughter has a full day today.  For the first weekend in about a month and a half, she has no homework.  It's a good thing.  She started with archery at 9 AM.  She had a break before a birthday at the local bowling alley at 12 noon.  She had a half hour break between and had another birthday party at the very same bowling alley.  We left to get air fresher than that contained within the walls of the bowling alley, tried on a few pair of pants at the Goodwill and looked at the chicks at TSC.

Very soon, I will be due to pick my child up from birthday #2 and head north to meet Hubs.  K won tickets to a Cav's game tonight through their Straight "A" All-Stars program.  She won two tickets, so Hubs is taking her.  She's never been to an arena, much less a professional sports game of any type.  She's excited!  They have nosebleed seats, but they are thankful for the freebies.

What am I doing with my night?  Well, I'm going to have scandalous time with my ironing board and iron!  I'll be ironing said window treatments in order to hang them back up.  Call that living life off the edge.

Now if you'll pardon me, a pile of laundry is begging to be folded, laundry needs flipped in the dryer and more windows need cleaned.

Happy spring!

1 comment:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Good for you! I need to start my spring cleaning BUT I can't get caught up on my regular cleaning :(