Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Girl Party: K's birthday party #1.



Birthday party #1 is done.  We have survived.  Everyone came out happy and well-fed.

We had just your average at-home girl party with some crafts in the basement and "bars" of several in the kitchen.  We started out with a make-your-own-pizza bar.  I bought some pizza shells, pizza sauce, pineapple and pepperoni (name brand!) at the Dollar Tree.  I mean, two personal shells for a dollar (the size of a salad plate) is not a bad deal!  We had a salad bar, partially compliments of the Christmas Tea of Sunday.  We also had a Sundae Bar.  The Sundae Bar was filled with all sorts of movie theater boxes of candy, some homemade brownies, a couple of syrups, sprinkles, marshmallows and Cool Whip.

The kids crafted, they ate and we re-acquainted ourselves with how to fold the blasted cootie catchers.  (I had to excuse myself and consult Pinterest.  None of us could get it flipped the right way, but now we know.)

Most. Laid. Back. Party. Ever.

Now, if we can only keep that tradition going.  My house wasn't even trashed!  Even Hubs was thrilled!


3 comments:

Rach said...

Woo hoo! What a fun (and, dare I say it?) NORMAL time! Who has parties like this anymore? It's delightful and what I want for my girls.

Happy bday, K!

Bailey's Leaf said...

Kids were camped out in the living room beading and watching a movie. Hubs came in and said, "Huh. Can we do this same thing again next year?" K asked the same thing! Absolutely! It was $100 for absolutely everything and we weren't bathed in a huge amount of food. I bought what we needed and the additional pizza shells that I bought (in case we needed them), we had for lunch the next day. The ham for the pizza and salad was repurposed into ham casserole (with the peppers.) We have some candy leftover, but we'll be baking "candy bars" this weekend, so that will be put to use! I'm very thankful to have a child who loves home and is great with a party that doesn't require bells and whistles. I'm thankful that she has friends that are happy to camp out and just relax!

Michelle said...

Sounds like a great party! Happy birthday to K!