Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The unsolicited review: Merrell Wonder Glove

I've shared with you the plight of finding shoes that looked cute, but covered my feet and didn't flip nor flop. I've got a still-can-be-occasionally-angry 5th metatarsal to think of.  I told you how I saw these shoes, chased after a customer, looked them up straight away and ordered them a week ago.

The Merrell Wonder Glove Mary Janes arrived on Friday.  Here's my scoop for anyone who might care or is looking to find out more about these shoes:

1.  Initially, I wasn't certain that I bought the right size.  To try them on is good, but you actually have to walk in them to fully determine that.  My regular shoe size (6 1/2) worked just fine.
2.  They are worn comfy when you take them out of the box.  More specifically, there is nothing to break in.  Nothing rubs weird and they are all bendy on their own.
3.  It takes some getting used to, that whole walking and feeling everything under your feet thing.  There is no cushion on the inside and being devoid of arch support, I was concerned that my feet would be screaming at the end of a work day.  Y'all, my feet didn't hurt a bit.  Which brings me to this point:
4.  My foot hurt all of last week.  You know, the previously broken one.  Yesterday, it didn't hurt one bit.  No tweaks.  No twinges.  Happiness.
5.  Yes, they did cost more than any pair of shoes I've ever purchased for myself EVER.  They were not on sale.  Y'all, I paid full price.  I don't regret it.  You get what you pay for.  These are the toesy shoes that people run in, just not as hideous. 

My report?  You will pay money for these.  You will probably not find them on sale or with coupons at all.  That's okay.  Your feet will smile.

For the record, I wasn't asked or compensated to write this.  In my search, I wanted to know these things and I figured that someone else might want to know them, too.  If, however, Merrell would love me to test drive anymore for them, I certainly wouldn't turn them  down.  :)

2 comments:

Rach said...

Like I said before, I'm really intrigued by the godawful Vibrams for running and hiking, so it's good to know they work well when they're not so hideous.

Hooray for no foot pain at all!! :o)

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Glad the shoes worked for you!! May you continue to have happy feet :)