Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Apparently the bus driver doesn't want me to block the road with my body.

Because the decision has come back that the bus cannot stop at the first corner due to all of the children living on the other side of it, it has left the bus stopping at the same place.  I came up with a solution.

Block the road by standing in the "ditch" space where the lady skinnies in behind the bus until after all the children have gotten on and are ready to press on the to next stop. 

I did that today, all the kids got on, then I heard the squeak of the bus brake.  "Hey, she wants to talk to you!" is what the one kid yelled.  I came up to the steps and the bus driver, a rather tall and large woman, is laughing at me (the more petite frame) standing guard at the back of the bus. She offered to stop a bit further past the stop so that I don't have to stand guard.

Maybe I needed to stand guard behind the bus a while ago.

1 comment:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Well, at least you got it changed :)