Sunday, December 4, 2011

I'm so tired.

 I had the Ladies Christmas Tea today.  I would show you photos, but I forgot to take them.  I do know plenty of others did, so that'll probably make up for it.  I just got too wrapped up in hosting the shin dig to take photos of the shin dig.  Final word is that everyone liked it better at our house vs. the church and they would like an invite for next year. 

We finished painting in the kitchen.  We have a border, chair rail and photos to hang, but I'm not to highly pressed to do that right at this very second.  We'll do the back splash in the new year.  I also want to paint the table legs and bits of the chairs that are green and need to be chocolate cherry.  Rome wasn't built in a day or year and a half, you know.

Hubs and K- kicked in major on helping with the tea party prep.  They even freed the refrigerator from the confines of years of memories.  We have a freezer door of magnets, K-'s Honor Roll and report card bits are on the side of the fridge, but it is otherwise empty. 

Amazing.

I scrubbed and cleaned parts of the bathroom that needed some extra tending.  I wiped upper parts of walls and gave a good spring cleaning on an otherwise wintry date.

Speaking of, I have some windows open and it is December 4.  It's 8:54 PM.  It says that it is 48 F out, but seriously our home is nice and toasty.  Fresh air, fresh air!

I have to comment that in the midst of writing this, I got distracted, then watched some TV and fell asleep sitting up on the bed at 7:45 PM.  I had been up until about 1:30 AM doing things, probably until about 2 AM because I just didn't fall right to sleep and was back up at 6:15 AM with K- snuggling in on the end of the couch, wanting to turn the TV on.  (Not 'til 7 AM, thankyouverymuch.) 

I end this post by being thankful to Hubs and K- for digging in and working all together as a family on hauling, painting, organizing, doing and preparing our home for a month of festivities.  My sister was the people hauler, bringing Aunt Donna in tow.  It was a particularly important day for Aunt Donna, as today was the one year anniversary of my Grandmother's death.  She really needed not to be hanging at home on her own.  The ladies all brought desserts to share, loved the chicken corn chowder, rolls and salad bar that I provided.  LeAnne got in there and was a food flinger with me. 

All went well.  Now if you'll pardon me, I need to have a date with my pillow.

Smiles in my weekend:
-  The kitchen.  I'm not embarrassed of it anymore!  The ladies loved the colors, too. 
-  I think that I've decided that our bathroom will be a nice sea aqua slightly greenish color.  Now, to find the right chip.
-  When Hubs ran clear away from today's tea party, he went to a music resale store and found me another copy of Ben Folds and WASO Live in Perth.  I loaned my copy to a friend's husband.  They are separated now, she knows nothing about the DVD, he never returned it and I loved it.  I will never loan him anything ever again.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Rach said...

Hooray for teas going so beautifully! :o) Hooray for Hubs and K pitching in. Hooray for finished (or almost finished) kitchens!

Why is December such a crazy time of year? Sheesh. We have pageant practice and a party Saturday. Then, the next Friday we have pageant practice for two hours in the evening, and Saturday is another party. Oy.

I'm beat even thinking about it.

Now, you must excuse me. I'm fairly certain a young Bean is destroying the house...

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I'm so glad that your tea went well! I hope you were able to catch up on some rest.
Yay for the kitchen! I'd love to gut mine, but alas, we have not won the lottery (don't play it either so I guess that's not going to work).
The powder room is finally finished. I have post pictures.
I have no artwork in there as of yet either. I did buy a few things off of E-Bay, but the main one came today with a chipped frame (I don't remember that being in the description, but I may have missed it). I need to find some touch up paint for it. Considering it's an antique, it may be harder than I think (by antique I mean old... not worth anything).