Thursday, November 10, 2011

The week that keeps on keepin' on.

Magnet available from Quotable Cards.
This has been my week.  I'll tell you, I didn't let go, so there were some areas that I felt dragged through.  Allow me to let you in on some of the things I've accomplished:

1.  Joe and I finished 3 major displays involving 4 trees.  I decorated the trees and he did two of the three display areas surrounding the trees.  One, I must admit, was more like a double display area. Bless him.  He rocked it. 
2.  I've become quote proficient in climbing the ladder sideways.  (Foot on the rungs long wise and not short wise.)  I tried to avoid it, but it was just unavoidable.  There is a certain point where I'm kind of a control freak with the trees (must get the top right!) and I just can't hand it off, as it is a dance.  I can't see if something is going to work out until I go and live with it up in the ceiling. 
3.  Yes, my foot hurt.  Yesterday was my third day of pulling nearly 12 hour days on a still bum foot and I assure you, the swelling in my foot confirmed that yesterday was the last day of the long haul.
4.  I picked up and have now bundled probably 75% of the 202 shirts needed to distribute throughout the school for Walkathon prizes.  I requested orange shirts with blue printing.  (Our district school color is orange.)  I assure you, they are orange.  Hunting orange.  Whoooo-boy, we'll see the kids.  Sheesh!
5.  Kay, wonder of wonders, has started working on getting the directories distributed for me.  She was able to put room numbers on all of the PTA membership cards that I have, so now I can staple and bind.  Yipee!
6.  Report cards come home tomorrow!  K- is excited and I hope that math grade is excitable in a good way.
7.  My brother is still federally housed, received my card, has been calling the house to talk to me but since it is a collect call (on my caller ID as "A call from Texas" even when we live in Ohio), I can't accept it.  We were victims of phone slamming this past summer and we changed the account to where we can't get charges like that again.  When he calls mom, he'll find out that I'm not ignoring him.
8.  We have another part of our family going through some tough times and that has been of big discussion this week.
9.  ISSUE 2 FAILED!  Hooray!  We only knew of two people voting for it.  I'm glad that my husband will continue making his smallish pay with the retirement and insurance benefits, that we pay into, will remain intact. 
10.  Our school levy failed by just less than 1 percent.  Really?  There was a fire levy that failed near where Hubs works.  Yet another one I can't get.  That one I have a harder time understanding.  Not everyone has a kid, but everyone needs the ability to phone the police or fire at a moments notice.  I don't understand voting down a fire/EMS/police levy.  Let's face it, if your house is burning down, who are you going to call?  Even if you vote it down, you'll expect them to show up and do their best work for you. 
11.  I have a pizza party tomorrow for 45 kids.  I have the same thing next week. 
12.  I worked until 9 each night and there was one night that I actually fell asleep sitting up on the couch.  :so tired:
13.  It's supposed to snow some tonight.  It's not going to be a high stickage situation.  It'll be mixed precipitation, but wow.  SNOW!  I embrace it.  Truly, no use in fighting it around here. 
14.  I'm scheduled for allergy testing this following week.  I had to dump my Allegra D in preparation.  The choking and gagging that I'm doing in the AM only confirms that the Allegra D is a very good and necessary thing for me.  I'm hoping that the allergist can figure out which items I'm allergic to and perhaps we can use a more targeted therapy for them. 

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: