Hairy toes: Remember this post? In 42 degree weather, we had a flip flop clad man with TUFTS OF HAIR about the top of his toes. YARG!
Stolen dogs: A customer who was waiting for her friend to finish shopping decided to tell our security guard how the dogs in her car were stolen from a variety of places and how the one dog is always right there and won't let the other dogs be with her. Um, my heart bleeds purple peanut butter for you.
Sketchy people: Friend of the dog stealer was flying through like you would a convenience store for bread and milk. She was plunking things on the counter like they were a Black Friday limited time sale, but making comments about how expensive they were. I was certain that I was either 1. getting a bad check, 2. getting counterfeit money or 3. getting a stolen credit card. She paid cash and bless her, all of it marked correct. I was stunned.
Sketchy people #2: We had a presumably homeless man (I work in a bad neighborhood anyhow) proceed to question the security guard on what time we close, what items we sell, what fire arm that he has . . . you know-- inappropriate questions to ask. We're all on high alert and now I have the security guard's phone number in my phone. I also added the owner's cell to my phone. He was very kind in coming to grab me up to give me the low down on what was going on.
I swear, I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.
Smiles in my day:
- Nothing more has been mentioned about my crappy Wednesday. Water under the gallery bridge. Hoorah!
- Hubs is painting the cabinet doors for the kitchen. Rachael, you won't need to rescue me. I will be buying Hubs a "thank you for saving me" prize. Me thinks a gift certificate to his favorite resale music store is in order. Dude is on vacation this week and has been slaving away.
- K- went to see the Nutcracker at the local theater. She loved it!
- My final box to mail out was sent this morning. All cards and parcels have been sent for the holiday season. Hooray!!!
- New Storage Wars tonight! Now if I can just stay awake for it!
Have a great day!