Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tales from the Trenches: Alligator ankles

My love and I were sitting on the couch the other evening, watching TV.  I saw him look over kind of weird.  He reached down real slow and with one finger, rubbed on my ankle bone.  He sat back up, grabbed the bottle of hand lotion he hand nearby, got a squirt, then very gently rubbed some on said ankle bone with one very delicate finger. 

"Well, can you at least check my other?" 

"That one's fine.  The other one is rather dry."

It seems like a weird thing, but there was my husband, armed with lotion and taking care of my calloused ankle bone needs.  It made me giggle and after nearly 15 years, I know that he still pays attention, even to little things.

Smiles in my day:
-  I was able to talk to my brother.  He phoned, told me that he's wearing (what I refer to as) a Lindsay Lohan bracelet and has a GPS strapped to his back.  He's thankful to be out, spent 8 days, "Reading more of the bible than I have in 27 years." 
-  The neighbor made soup and had me run over (between horrible storms) to grab some to put in K-'s lunch today.
-  Having K- eat a piece of bread right after taking her antibiotic seems to be helping her stomach ache.
-  I stood for 8 hours straight yesterday and my foot didn't hurt at all.  That, my friends, is a miracle itself. 

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Rach said...

That Hubs is a good man. Hang on tight to him! :o)

How happy am I to read the foot is doing well? Hooray! And Hooray for your brother being out and about. The Bible will do him some good.