Monday, November 21, 2011

I feel like I've run a printing service these past few days.

The Christmas cards from Shutterfly arrived.  They are delightful!  They have been stuffed into envelopes, personally hand addressed, posted and are awaiting their Wednesday drop.  What all went into making that happen?

I spent last weekend designing the card.

The first box came in and were wonderful.  The second packet of 15 came in looking like it had been wrangled by the postal machines.  Shutterfly is sending me a replacement set and apologized profusely.

With the Christmas cards, I send K-'s birthday invites.

She's having two parties this year.  She's having one girl party at the house with the lovely number of 8 girls.  We'll be having a second party on the evening of her birthday that is just family cake and ice cream.  She'll have school the next day, so it's not like we can party like it is 1999.

Her invites are never print, cut and roll.  I printed the card.  We found shimmery purple and silver polka dotted backer stock, a sticker had to be put on front and some plastic flare needed attached.  Since I didn't see those making it through the postal system, we hand delivered them.  With what I hoped but knew wouldn't be a simple fly-by delivery, there was much jumping, singing and dancing with friends as we delivered.  I still made it home in time to make dinner. 

The second batch was made with a change of date and minus the flare.  I had to assemble and stuff those in. 

I needed to make invitations for the Ladies Christmas Tea that K- and I will be hosting at our home.  Those were a simple cut and drop in, but I needed to find clip art, which was actually a full page border that I had to cut and paste, then track down a classy font I liked, figure out wording and so on and so forth.  I knocked those out.  Then, I pestered my sister for names and/or phone numbers since she couldn't give me addresses for her guests.  (I love the White Pages online!) 

Speaking of hunting addresses down, I spent time online doing that and when that failed, I tracked down my cousin to give me her brother's address. 

Since my weekends are hopelessly full from now through Christmas, I was able to bang out the favors I wanted to do for K-.  I made a CD to go with the theme of her party, designed, printed and assembled a CD cover, burned CD's, stuffed them, found that the glue I used wasn't adhering, did a double layer of glue, found that wasn't adhering and finally went to clear Alene's and gave them a good press in a phone book overnight.  You'd be glad to know that the third gluing is holding.  I divied up the hair doodles (we're Tangled themed and hair doodles seemed appropriate), had to attach those to the long note pad I bought, stuffed those into the neato make up case with a pencil, stickers and a button and we're done.  She's having a taco bar and she'll be going through some of her back stocked craft kits to see what we can do with 8 girls.  I found a Flynn Rider wanted poster, printed it and a few sheets of frying pans.  I'll cut those out and we'll have them pin the frying pan on Flynn for a game.  (So not taking credit.  Go to for more details.) 

Finally, I wanted to give a thank you to those who donated to K-'s elementary school Walkathon.  I had taken a photo of her as she was doing the walk, so I flipped that through Picasa, did a quick thank you on the photo and printed those off for the people who needed them. 

And I still have ink left.

Today, we tackled the grocery.  We got all of the Thanksgiving necessities, dropped a load o' cash at the grocery (meat was on sale, too) and came home and unloaded it all. 

K- wanted to play with E-, the neighbor, and her mom and grandma were out raking the last of the red oak leaves that just won't go away.  Since grandma was raking what was technically our yard (but they are our leaves!), I went out to help. 

Now, I'm tired.  The start of the work week is tomorrow and it will only get busier and busier each day.  Wednesday, we should be slammed. 

Chicken is baking away and I must go start some wheat pilaf and steam some broccoli.  Pardon me.  The smell is making me mighty hungry!

Have a great day!

No comments: