Friday, June 24, 2011

Almost there.

We've had Vacation Bible School all week.  It has been a wonderful week with children that were so well behaved, very receptive to The Word and just truly a blessing all the way around.

That blessing has made me dog tired.

I sit here with a light drizzle falling outside, glad that while we have a public pool pass, we were given a break for this Friday's pool day.  I'm wiped out.  I worked M-W, on top of dealing with VBS in the AM from 8:15 AM ish - 12 Noonish.  Monday, I came back and built a covered wagon out of a refrigerator box.  Tuesday, we had a belated Father's Day dinner with my in-law's.  Wednesday, I had to go out to DSW to return some ill-fitting shoes.  While on my way, there was an accident that occurred right next to me.  I had to hit the gas to avoid being hit by flying debris and after I cleared the accident area, I realized no one was stopping to help.  I turned around, blocked the two turn lanes with my truck, checked everyone's status (they were all okay), got them moved off to the side, then I got the delight of directing traffic before the police showed up, since doofus people thought it was fine to pass on the left regardless to the fact that it was an obnoxiously large intersection and they knew darned well that they should go to the right.  When the officer showed up, I gave him a quick low-down, told him that I wouldn't serve as a good witness as I saw it as it was happening, but not what really caused it and pressed on.  I'm glad to report that I did make it to the store to return the shoes, didn't find any to replace them with and went on to the health food store to do a spot of shopping.  Prices were scary high in there, so I picked up a few things (including dinner) and went on my way home.  Yesterday was VBS, bringing a friend home for lunch, then taking both girls up to the library for summer reading club, back home for a short time, then on to the dealership for an oil change and recall repairs. 

I was so tired that I nearly fell asleep sitting up in the chair at the dealership.

K- has been affected by the non-stop action this week.  Last night, she hit a rough spot with behavior (belligerence and whatnot) and we decided that before she got herself into hot water, she may want to consider the idea of going to bed early.  She's usually an 8-8:30 PM girl, but she's been collecting lightning bugs at night, which has pushed her time to about 9:30 PM.  Whooo boy, could I tell.  She went to bed at about 7:30 PM and fell asleep soon thereafter. 

We're home on a bit of a break.  I'll wash the floors, finish the bath and get the laundry drying.  We have our Best of the West Final Fest this evening, so we need to be back at the church at 5:30 PM.  We have a Lowe's building workshop tomorrow, but other than that, I think our schedule is clear.  I think that I just might sleep in. 

Until 8 AM.

I think.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: