Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Falling asleep while sitting up.

It's a talent I possess.  Also, I fall asleep with my eyes open.  Hubs reports that as looking freaky.  Anyhow, no post last night because I actually fell asleep before the child. 

The tree pollen has been dreadfully high around here, we'd been out bird watching and at soccer and all of that pollen exposure left K- coughing up a 7 year old lung all. night. long.  Every time I fell asleep, she coughed again.  You'd be glad to know that other than a pollen cough, she's fine. 

I was not.  I was a wet rag.  I'm usually okay with the no sleep thing, but just could not pull myself around to save my life.  K- did spelling, reading and we did a few rounds of Uno, then I started falling asleep while sitting on the bed and watching Antiques Roadshow.

Y'all, I slept all night long and didn't even wake up once.  Now that is tired.

I'll be in and out until school is out.  So much school stuff to attend to.  Was just installed as the 3rd Vice President of K-'s elementary.  "It's only one fundraiser in the fall and you are done."  The president has added a spring fundraiser of baked goods and 5 months of roller skating.  (1 per month.)  Uh, no.  Once again, after I say yes, the job gets HUGE!  That's okay.  I'm thankful that I'm able to work 3 days a week at a job and have 2 other days that I can help at school.  I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.  Not even sleep.

Smiles in my day:
-  Having breakfast with K- this morning at the PTA Officer Installation Ceremony.  The teachers make us breakfast (soooo delicious) and our children come to present candles to us.  The kids love to be involved.  The especially loved that their names were a part of the morning announcements for them to be excused from class to come be with us.  Let's guess who was the first child to arrive? Hmmmm.
-  So many PTA peeps coming to help me pass out 480 plants on Friday.  HOORAY!

Have a great day!

No comments: