Friday, April 1, 2011

"Mom, did you have . . . ?"

We were on our way to the local homeless shelter to drop off some donation items that we collected for our church.  We had to drive into the downtown area, where there are more of a concentration of people, cars and stop lights.

"Mom, did you have cars and stop lights when you were growing up?"

"Um, yes.  I'm not that old, but I asked Grandma a question like that when I grew up."

"What did you ask?"

"If she wrote on slates."

Yes, my mom was mad at me.  She told me the same thing, "I'm not that old!"

Smiles in my day:
-  K- got the play area straightened without complaint in preparation for a fun play date tomorrow.
-  K- excited for her book reward tomorrow.
-  I'm excited that I will be at school until 9:30 AM, then I can come home and catch up on domestic wife stuff AKA cleaning.
-  Stopping by the library for the first time in a long time.  K- got some Magic Tree House stories on disk.  Currently, she is happily drawing at her desk while listening to one of the stories. 

Have a great weekend!

No comments: