Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The longest 22 minutes.

Now, they weren't the longest 22 minutes of my life.  The MRI that my claustrophobic self had when I blew my knee out qualifies as the longest 45 minutes of my life.  Uh, no.  It would be the 30 Day Shred. 

Now, I hold no hatred towards Jillian or my friend Rachael that got me into this.  Rachael warned that I'll be feeling better about it on or near the 4th day. 

The 4th day seems so far away.

The movements themselves seem fairly reasonable.  All the work on the knees is going to kill me, but I'm going to be on the search for my knee braces (yes, plural) to use tomorrow.  I have a spiffy ACL brace made to my then measurements (I assure you that I've expanded in the thigh area since 1999) and another neoprene support for the other knee. 

The arthritic come to the feet of Jillian in my house.

I have drawn a lovely hot bath for myself.  My side of the bed is already turned on and warming.  I expect that steps will not be my happy place tomorrow, as they certainly are getting tougher as the day goes on today.

It will get better. 

So, what is my goal for the 30 Day Shred?  I'd really love to lose 15 pounds.  I'd be more than thrilled if I could knock that down to 20.  My goal weight is not the 97 pounds I was when we first married.  That is unrealistic and not the healthiest look for me anyhow.  (No, I wasn't dieting then.  I had a much more active metabolism, I was still in college and walked everywhere.)  I am not overweight, but I need a massive toning.  I need to work out for that and to help the cholesterol level to continue to go down.  Though I'm not overweight, I'm definitely carrying fluff that I wish to drop.  I swore that I would remain in a single digit jeans size and the single digit is not as loose as she used to be.  My grandmother was very bottom round (size 14 top, size 22 bottom), so I would like to avoid that shape if I can, please.  Pear shaped isn't very healthy by what I read.  The genes for the pear?  Oh, they are there.

So, I will make it past day 1.  I will make it to day 2.  I will make it further.  I just may be limping my way there. 

Wow.

Smiles in my day:
-  Crocus' are blooming in my front bed!

Have a great day!

6 comments:

Rach said...

Oh how I hope you can move this morning. Hang in there. It really DOES get better past day 4. Now the Level One workout seems so easy...time to up it to Level Two and more grunting and groaning. ;o)

Bailey's Leaf said...

Bless you. I bow down before your athleticism. I touch you and tell you how pretty you are. I admire the drive. I actually admire that you can move after all this and you are willing to move up the ranks. Wow. Something to strive for.

Rach said...

If you look at my Shred Log on my blog, you'll see the progress. It's crazy how much you can accomplish in such a short time.

Be prepared for much complaining and groaning come tomorrow morning. :oP

Anonymous said...

It's the apple shape that is the unhealthy shape. The apple holds the fat near your heart, which is bad. The pear is a normal shape. From a doctor: Some of the best metrics (emerging from research) are whether your body is pear-shaped or apple-shaped," Flum said. "People with an apple-shaped body type, carrying most of that weight around the middle, are at greater risk for diabetes and heart disease.

Bailey's Leaf said...

Apple = bad. Pear = okay. Good to know. Thanks!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I have the Shred. I hate the Shred. But the funny thing is, I've been thinking of reviving the Shred. I'll start back up again tomorrow and join you. I too would like to lose 15 pounds. Pear shape, Yes we have that in our family too. It's not good.