Friday, January 28, 2011

A quick Grandpa post.

Thank God I went with my brother last night and my parents stayed around until after we left.  My cousin came in about a half hour after all of us left, Grandpa announced that he had been in the hospital for three months (um, two weeks), she hadn't had the decency to come to visit him and he wanted her OUT!  He yelled for her to get out.  Leave.  Get out of there right now. 

She left in tears.

My uncle came over and hung out with Grandpa until 1 AM.  Wow. 

On a better note, Grandpa went into surgery to have a tube inserted into his lung(s) to drain the fluid off.  The fluid is being checked for the type of bacteria involved and they will treat him accordingly.  The doctor predicts that he will triumph over this just fine.  It will take time, but he should be fine.

See, I knew that. 

So, we need to continue to pray for him 'kay?  I fear that my poor cousin may be permanently damaged by this experience.  Yikes.

Smiles in my day:
-  Federal and state taxes are filed.  I would have had city done, but they don't have the online e-file system activated until February 1.  Rrrr.
-  I've assembled the chicken soup for tomorrow.  I bought a grocery roasted chicken (it was only a buck more than the raw version), went ahead and boned all the chicken and threw the bits into a pot to make stock out of.  I let it cook for a few hours and strained it three different times.  I think it will be a lovely addition to my pot of soup. I have rolls rising and I'm looking forward to a delicious meal tomorrow.
-  K- got her bonus words right on her spelling test.  They just started bonus words this week and she was rather excited for them.  (January and winter.)

Have a good weekend!

No comments: