Friday, December 3, 2010
Simple things that have made my day.
4. Grandma gave me a couple of big hugs today.
5. K-'s interim pick-up was today. We were in and out lickety split. Her teacher told me that she knows that I had math concerns a few weeks ago, but when reviewing the flash cards with the class, K- is about the only kid that doesn't use her fingers or a number line to get the answer. She said that she works it out in her brain and that is great. She said that she is exactly where she is supposed to be and to keep doing what we are doing. Hooray!
6. The PTA directory, thanks to the help of Kay the wonder secretary of the PTA, is printed, stapled and folded. Now all I have to do is to print the cards, pile things up by class and distribute.
7. I'm getting a bit of a rhythm with the 100 Book Challenge prize distribution. All the teachers know me well and I think that the kids see me as the prize lady. Either I'm handing out prizes or standing on a bench, updating our 100 Book Challenge board. I keep getting kids coming up to me and hugging me. They know that I hook them up with the goods. ;)
8. I had a talk with K-'s teacher from last year on what to buy her teacher for this year. I told Mrs. H- that I didn't quite think that an art gallery gift certificate would be a good fit for Mrs. S-. She agreed, then told me that she would be happy to have it. We determined that Kohl's is probably a great thing for her. It is great that I had the opportunity to be able to consult with Mrs. H- to get a great gift for K-'s teacher. I know that she'll be honest with me.
9. It seems that the stress of the week (stress? What stress?) has caused a gigantic (and I mean HUGE) cold sore to bloom on not only my lip, but the right portion of my pie hole. My sister suggested hitting it with tea tree oil. While the tea tree (applied with a wet Q-Tip) is not necessarily the most tasty thing around, it completely halted the nasty burning that I had. I'm going to apply more before I go to bed. Hopefully, it will make this size-of-Arkansas cold sore magically go away. Overnight would be spectacular, but I don't see it happening. Darned stress!
10. My truck, complete with new tires, didn't slip once on the icy roads last night.
11. Though it appears that stress may also be causing a lovely sty on my eye, a good dose of Advil Cold and Sinus seems to have taken the boulder-jammed-into-my-eyeball feeling out of my optical orb. It's just one eye, which is a great thing. It feels much better, which is a fabulous thing. Now I'll rub my gold wedding ring over it just like Grandma-ma taught me and it should be all gone. She was very specific and I can't recall if from the outside in or from the inside out. I'm sure it makes no actual difference, but I'll do it both ways just to be certain. I can tell you that I don't have Pink Eye, so that's a positive for sure!
12. My mother-in-law shared with me some electric tea lights that she purchased. Hubs bought me a snowman lantern years ago and I plunked one of those little lights in it. It was lovely! It flickered like a real candle, so it didn't have that fake kind of look about it.
13. Though I slipped a little in the parking lot of my Grandma's apartment complex, I didn't fall.
14. I think that Hubs has finally settled for the night and has stopped obsessing about his craftsmanship. Maybe.
15. I got the insurance re-certification papers filled out and ready for Hubs to take to work. That's been another one of his obsessions, so I'm glad that I tackled the paper beast.
16. I have a toasty bed awaiting my indentation. 'Night all.
Smiles in my day: