Wednesday, August 18, 2010

This evening.

Hubs is watching a movie, no doubt some Rambo thing, and the stereo is thunking in the background.  Hey, if Rambo is what works for him, have at it.  He is a man that truly requires very little.

The crickets are chirping and it sounds so beautiful.  It makes me smile.

There is a breeze blowing.  The temperatures have cooled and I will, once again, be able to sleep with the windows open.  Such a sweet delight!

K- was out at my sisters today.   There are 5 acres to run, explore and enjoy.  My daughter's head hit the pillow and she was out.  Fresh air is exhausting to little people!

I have freshly laundered, line-dried clothes awaiting their placement into their proper creature homes.  The wash is run and waiting for a repeat performance on the line tomorrow.  How much I love that I'm able to pin my clothes up in the AM before work and can come home to fold the laundry as the hummingbird moths and butterflies are busy nectaring at the butterfly bushes just in front of me. 

K- and I have started rolling back to every evening homework.  She is really concentrating on doing a nice job on her work and on coloring.  We'll have her summer bridge homework book done in no time.

As I sit here, I've begun a case of the yawns.  So thankful to have a roof over my head, a bed to lie down on, my people to occupy this little box with me and all the other incidentals that we insist are necessary but probably aren't really when it comes right down to it. 

Good evening, all!

Smiles in my day:
-  Above.

1 comment:

Rach said...

Ah, I can feel the joy in your post. It feels fresh and clean like a nice cool breeze. :o)