Thursday, August 12, 2010

A bit of a mom update

Mom is scheduled to have her hysterectomy on August 26 at 11 AM.  If you could keep that in your prayers, it would be great.

I was concerned about mom over doing it.  She's a mom and she was talking about not wanting to spoil anyone's plans of coming down to the river property (basically a big family campsite).  There are a couple of big weekends coming up and the likelihood that mom will be able to participate is pretty much gone.  Hopefully, family can understand that.  I fear that one family member wanted mom to have her surgery held off until after a big river weekend in September.  Argh.

Mom's friend was very honest with her.  She was honest with her in a way we couldn't be.  Mom needs to rest.  She needs to take it easy to let her body properly heal.  I'm thankful that Brenda talked with her about it. 

Mom will be having the full blown surgery as opposed to the laparoscopic option.  Though laparoscopic is less invasive, it renders the tissue fairly unusable regarding biopsies.  That isn't what we want.

That's what we have.  I'll let you know more when I more to tell.

Smiles in my day:
-  K- and Hubs had a second Happy Daddy Day this week.  They were able to go to a farm, hiking and play miniature golf.  They had a great day!
-  When they got home, they saw that the chrysalis that we had brought in a few days ago had turned into a beautiful butterfly. 
-  I was able to make it through the rest of the store today with my boss who has been having some health issues.  I wiped her out and had to drive her home!  She was okay, though.  She said that she was going to go in to take a nap in her La-z-boy chair. 

Have a great day!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I'll be thinking about your Mom.

I kick myself every once in a while when my body reminds me that I did not get nearly enough rest after my surgery.

Bailey's Leaf said...

Hubs and I decided last night to call mom and cancel our weekend. We were to go down overnight on Labor Day weekend (while in the midst of installing Pergo through two rooms and down the hall), but since mom won't even be out of the hospital for a full week, we said we'd come another time. I'm proud of her for being okay with it. I said that we might even day trip it on a Saturday during fall.

Rest in this case is just not an option. When you don't rest after a hysterectomy, major health problems can certainly result.

Rach said...

Prayers of course. A week in the hospital? Wow! I hope that is a wake-up call she needs to take it easy. When Brien had his pulmonary embolism, they kicked him out after TWO days!! It's really saying something they are keeping her for a week.

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Prayers for your mom (and hugs for you!)

Bailey's Leaf said...

I'm sorry. I may have miswritten. She will be in for three days, but at the time that we were scheduled to camp was less than a week after she would have gotten back from the hospital. I'm sorry that I worried you with her being in for a full week. Still, she needs to take the time out to take care of herself. I intend to go through my books and to make mom a selection of books to read through. She's borrowed my copy of Eat Pray Love, but I believe that I'll be sharing Strange Fits of Passion and some other books that might work out well for her.