Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tales from the Trenches: FrogTape ain't so great.


This is the product that I bought.  On the commercials, people have these beautifully crisp lines and can leave the tape on for 3 weeks.  Me?  Uh, no.

The tape was left on for a few hours.  It did not lock out the white paint, despite the claim.  The tape was rubbed down .  A bonus?  It removed a chunk of paint off my wall.  (Part of that is apparently a white schloof where the roller got past me.  Didn't know 'til later.) 

Nonetheless, it did not do as promised.  I paid $5.00 for a roll of tape that didn't work.  On a different note, I do love the color of the walls!  Now I'll enjoy that color even more when I go back over the spots. 

For the record, FrogTape has some extensive tape instructions.  Crazy, since it is only tape and they make it look all easy-peasy on the commercial.  Wanna know what I'm talking about?  Here's the link

Argh.

Smiles in my day:
-  K- had a great time at Science Camp!  They started out with breakfast, which she flipped over.  Why?  They were little disposable bowls of Lucky Charms!  Lucky Charms are illegal in our house, as we only have boring cereal like Grape Nuts (her favorite) or Rice Krispies.  She learned a lot of things other than she's getting the sugar cereal shaft at our home.
-  I picked the kitchen table light up this evening.  I wasn't able to find it online, so I was concerned that they were discontinuing.  (I was able to find it online a few weeks ago.)  Turns out it was $12.00 cheaper at the Lowe's that I went to than the one that we were shopping at.  Now, I think that the ceiling fan is actually cheaper at our usual Lowe's. 
-  Hubs worked on the light above the sink all day long.  Bless his heart!

Have a great day!


1 comment:

Rach said...

Oh, that color is EXCELLENT!!

My f-i-l had the same problem with the Frog Tape. When I was getting ready to do the baby's room, he told me not to bother. I'm sorry I couldn't spare you. :oS