Friday, July 16, 2010

Haiku Friday: Weeds


Volunteers of green,
Crowding, blooming, reseeding,
More for me to pull.


Smiles in my day:
- Library group. It was a little corny today, but the kids enjoyed it.
- After library group, K- and I drove out to hook up with Hubs at his work so that we could go with him to help at a parade. K- and I rode on his work float and were candy tossers. We were some very popular people!
- Hubs temporarily putting the kitchen back together, while I cleaned and did laundry. We make a great team!
- Sungolds are ripe! Rachael, K- loves them!!! Thank you for sharing!
- K-'s continued quest to find ripe ground cherries.
- While this isn't a smile in a bigger sense, it was funny. I went to get dressed for work on Wednesday, was water spraying my shirt and when I flipped it, I found that a bird had left me a gift on the back of my shirt that I hadn't seen while I was outside folding from the line. The gunk did come out, but it makes me laugh as one of those things that happens when you use the sun to dry your clothes.
- The tomatoes love the heat and I've had to tie them up because they are flopping over the tops of their cages. The Sungold tomatoes are attacking us as we are coming in the back door.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Rach said...

Dang, I forgot to compose a haiku. I'll be back with one later. Yours is wonderful. :o)

I'm SO glad the Sungolds are a hit. We just LOVE 'em. :o)