Thursday, June 24, 2010

My furnace had a sinus infection.

I woke up this morning to the racket of Hubs banging on the air ducts in the basement. I had no idea what was going on, but after about 10 minutes, it stopped. He came upstairs to tell me that the air conditioning tube needed to be cleaned since it had deposited water on the basement floor. He said that he'd deal with it when he got home. Since it was to be 90+, we debated the idea of leaving the windows cracked open at the top or just keeping them shut altogether. I checked the forecast, they were predicting Armageddon again, so I opted to keep them closed.

Good thing. 80 mile per hour wind gusts came through and knocked the plant clean off the front steps. That's getting away from the subject at hand, though.

Since Hubs went into work a little early, he got out earlier and came home first to see if he could unclog the tube. He called me on his way to pick K- up to let me know he was done, the air was on and plugging along nicely.

When he got home, the basement floor was wet again. He pulled the cover off to the furnace and it was all wet, too.

Fantastic.

He called my dad to confirm that there was another tube that needed cleaned. My dad was the one to install the furnace and A/C about 5 years ago, and he used sealer on the PVC piping he used. There was no way to get the pipe apart. My dad and Hubs discussed his using the air compressor to blow the snot sludge out of the additional tube.

I'm glad to say that our furnace is no longer experiencing an impaction of yellow snot.

Go now. Check your tubies and pipe things. Make sure that they are free of snot.

This public service announcement brought to you by the Bailey's Leaf Family of Fine Experiences to Learn From.

Smiles in my day:
- That Hubs is handy and my dad is his back-up.
- The migraine measures are helping. I'm not 100%, but I see improvement each day.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Rach said...

I'm so glad you have a do-it-yourselfer as well. It makes life SO much easier. I'm also so glad your a/c is working once more. I think I would simply melt if mine were on the fritz. Projected temps for today are 105. I feel SO sorry for the folks that are here for vacation this week. Ugh.