Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tales from the Trenches: Bring Abdullah Home


A friend of all of us at the gallery, Sara, is in the fight of her life to have her son returned to her. Her son was born in January 2008 in State College, Pennsylvania, USA. He is a U.S. citizen.

From the "Bring Abdullah Home" flier:

Abdullah Eli is a victim of Parental Child Abduction.

Abdullah Eli has been "deceptively removed from Ohio on March 4, 2010. [The father] deceived [Sara] into providing consent to travel outside of the United States on the written promise that Abdullah would be returned to his home in Ohio on May 4, 2010. Abdullah is known to be unlawfully and wrongfully retained in the home of his paternal grandparents in . . . Turkey."

"Sara is now fighting for emergency custody of Abdullah through Ohio courts, and is filing an application with the U.S. State Department for the return of her son through the Hague Abduction Convention, which is the primary civil law mechanism for parents seeking the return of children from other treaty partner countries. Additionally, Sara is fighting to have overturned the hasty and unlawful custody ruling which granted [the father] full custody of Abdullah on March 19, 2010- only 13 days after [their] arrival in Turkey."

Sara is reaching out to everyone who might be able to help bring Abdullah back home. If you or anyone you know are well-versed in situations such as these, please feel free to contact her at saradwrds at g mail dot com.

I can't imagine.

Someone is working on a website. I've suggested making a button so that I can post it on the sidebar. I will keep you updated whenever I hear anything.

Please feel free to pull the permalink and to post to your page(s). The more that people hear of Sara's story, the more links we can have to people who may be able to help.

I did secure Sara's permission to post the flier information.

5 comments:

Rach said...

OMG! This is every parent's worst nightmare. I read about this in your prayer list the other day and meant to email to find out what was happening. I have nothing to contribute other than prayers--I wish there were more I could do.

Please please please keep us posted.

Unknown said...

Praying for Sara and Abdullah! God bless.

Anonymous said...

How horrifying!

-ak

Michelle said...

what a sad, sad, case. :( I can't even imagine. Yes, please keep us informed when you can. Will be praying for this mom and her child to be reunited.

Kimba said...

I pray that someone will help them, and I keep them soundly in my prayers! Thank you for putting this out there...hopefully we can make the world a little smaller & safer.