Thursday, April 22, 2010

A few Earth Day deals

Target:
Enter to win a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Recycle = Reward. Rewards for turning in old electronics, a 5 cent per bag credit on your bill when you use reusable bags and they will send you a $1.00 coupon toward a reusable bag worth $1.49 or more when you mail 5 Target bags in to them using the post paid page from your Sunday circular. They advertised free bags on Sunday, but they ran out of them by the time I got there. :(

Ace Hardware:
My local Ace Hardware will be giving 5 packages of free seeds with any purchase on Earth Day. I might add that they have wonderful rebate deals through April 26. I plan on buying tree spikes (tree food), organic plant food, evergreen food and work gloves (gloves completely free on rebate.)

Because I Said So:
Earth Day Disney Giveaway. Just leave a comment to be entered to win.

Seventh Generation coupon for $1.00 off.

Yahoo Earth Day deals. Offers for some places not in my area, but perhaps they are in yours!

I admit that I was having a hard time finding Earth Day promotions. If you know of one, feel free to post it in the comments. I reserve the right to ditch any spam or anything that is inappropriate or unrelated.

Smiles in my day:
- I got all of my display duties done today. I plan on giving my house a deep clean tomorrow, as it has been getting the short end of the stick for the last few weeks.
- My brother got his driver's license today! He is legal for the first time in YEARS! Hooray!
- Our evening bike walk. We have some great conversations while we walk.

Have a great day!

ETA:
When I was at Ace earlier, I found that my wonderful heavy-duty and brightly colored tomato cages went on sale. Instead of 6.99 each, which I realize is a lot of money for a tomato cage, but they are heavy duty, painted with heavy glossy baked-on paint so that they'll last, they were 4.99 each. I returned the two cages and bought an extra. (The green one that K- wanted.) The extra cage only cost me 1.00 more and now I can put some of my tomato cages out of their misery. I will recycle the really beat up ones.

Since I made two separate trips and bought things both times, I ended up getting 10 packages of seeds for free! I have:
Sweet William
Dianthus
Hollyhocks
Alyssum x 2
Shirley Poppy
Portulaca
Zinnia
Oregon Sugar Pod
Nasturtium

I'm so excited! Many of the seeds I selected will come back again, and the extra peas can be planted for a second sowing in late August.

:)!

No comments: