Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Works for Me Wednesday: Reminder stickers on my cell phone



We use round orange stickers all the time at work to mark the outsides of packages that we wrap. That is so that folks know what is on the inside. When multiple items are being wrapped, folks can forget.

I use the orange stickers, no bigger than a nickel, to remind myself of important things. I will stick them straight to the face of my cell and remove them when the task has been accomplished.

I'm horrible at losing little pieces of paper. Usually, I write notes on them, stick them in my back pocket and only remember them after I'm removing bits from the washer. I also write on the palm of my left hand. I know that it is childish, but the likelihood that I will lose my hand is very small in comparison to that little slip of paper.

Orange reminder stickers work for me! They are removable, so they don't leave any type of mark. I have an LG Neon and there is more than enough room to put two stickers on the top front and not obstruct the view, touch pad or voice output area. Yes, I do have a calendar, but the orange stickers call attention to things that I absolutely should not forget!

Works for me!

Smiles in my day:
- Work to keep me busy throughout the day.
- K- continues to improve so much on her writing in preparation for the Kindergarten writing test. This evening, she was a bit strung out. She had fallen asleep on the way home, which put her in an awful ugly mood. She was floppy and crying and just as she was getting ready to get herself set to task, she stepped on the flippy thing on the vent. "I don't want to write! I'm just so sad!" I told her that she should write about being so sad. She did a great job! "I am soe sad. I got a boo boo. I got a papre kut. I do not like to be sad!" No one likes to be sad! (She got a paper cut at my mother-in-law's house.)
- K-'s picture with the Easter bunny (they took it at school last week at the Easter Bunny Breakfast) came out great!

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Niki Jolene said...

Great idea! And I have the same phone, how funny.

:)

Kim said...

Most calendars have a reminder function that will beep or ring to remind you.

Bailey's Leaf said...

You know, I'm sure that perhaps mine does but remember, when my computer did the warning beep to tell me it was getting hot, I just turned the sound off.

:(

My neighbor and his computer friends were not happy.

Apparently, orange stickers are a lock for me. Annoying sounds are not. Eeek!