Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bummer dude.

No snow day today. Bummer. My child is happy. I am not. You see, we got hit by a snowstorm yesterday. It was our second in 4 days. This one was expected to hit yesterday afternoon (it did), then we had a dry slot and it would pick up again. The dry slot pushed the moisture away and the second half of our big snowstorm fizzled. We did score at least 4" of snow. Still, I had it made up in my mind that we were going to have a snow day. K- could stay home, finish up the tail end of her Valentine's, I could bag the Valentine's, treats and whatnot.

Folks, I could have slept in. Though, I admit that would suggest that I actually slept in the first place.

I didn't.

So, I'm all tired, must get myself hopped up on caffeine to function and I'll be on my way.

The good news? We have a whole lot of snow for our snowshoeing adventure on Sunday. No big warm up in the near future, so we'll be good to go. :)

How's the weather treating you?

Prayer request:
My friend, C-, found a lump in her breast a couple of weeks ago, the doctor figured it as nothing but sent her for a mammogram just in case. The films came back a bit questionable. That necessitated an ultrasound of each of the girls. The ultrasound came back questionable. So, my friend is going tomorrow for a biopsy of the original lump that she found, but suspicious areas have been found in both breasts. Please consider praying for her.

Smiles in my day:
- Caffeine.
- Our internet is up and running again, though a bit spit-spotty since the box that makes this whole thing function is having intermittent convulsions. The boys (my neighbor and his friend) came over the other day, got everything rolling and hung out and talked for a while. I told them that they just like hanging out in my bedroom and love seeing only my best pajamas. (Hubs was there in the room and they were all laughing since I was covered from head to toe in fleece jammies and a fleece robe, socks and slippers.) I couldn't help but to tease them! :)

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Rach said...

So much for snow days. I completely understand about sleeping in.

My prayers for your friend. Breast cancer is nothing to mess around with.