Friends, Jane and Brian, are going to court today regarding their foster children. Though I don't know the details, I know that they are going to court and they are fearful that the outcome might not be as we hope. Their two foster children are darling. I believe both may very well have been with them since birth. They would love to adopt these two children. Something with the birth mother stands in the way, though she is unable to care for them.
My brother went, by police escort, in the company of my father and my sister's partner, to pick up his belongings from the home that he shared with his children and soon-to-be ex-wife. Not only his wife sell his truck, but also dispensed of $20,000.00 worth of tools. My brother is a mechanic and now has no way of making a living as a mechanic without the tools of his trade. My brother's mother-in-law keeps phoning my parents and harassing them. It's stressing my parents out. My niece and nephew are stuck in between. The upside? My brother got out alive. His wife has continued to abuse drugs so badly that she is now about 120 pounds. (She is about 5' 6" and my guess is that she probably lost 60-80 pounds to reach her reported thinness.)
My lovely friend, Rachael, is having a bit of an aching heart right now. Her sparkly daughter, Hannah, drown during a family outing. Her post just made me cry. In fact, I still am. I can't imagine. If I lived closer, I would scoop Rachael up and wrap my arms around her and that baby she is baking.
I had an acquaintance tell me that she was going in for pre-surgical testing. I thought it was about an injury that she suffered recently, but reading between the confidential lines that she was giving me, it appears as though she is going through some type of breast biopsy to rule out cancer. She asked for prayer. I told her that I would add her to my list.
It appears as though we have another celebrity down. Though I admire him for having not tossed every detail of his life out into the news, the fact of the matter is that he claims transgressions and how many people and children have looked up to Tiger? I know it has nothing to do with the game, but wow.
I haven't dealt well with David Letterman's actions. I was always happy to watch David Letterman if I was up late. Now, I can't stand to look at him.
Do you have anything weighing on your heart that you would like for me to pray about? Feel free to leave it in the comments or click on the e-mail link in the sidebar.
Smiles in my day:
- Interim report cards come out tomorrow for K- and we received a note in her folder today that the teacher is pleased with her progress and does not feel that a conference is necessary at this time. K- brought home a different color book for her 100 book challenge. 6 other children were moved in color, too. I suspect that the move is up, but will find out tomorrow when the report comes out.
- My in-law's giving K- some allowance for having helped wash dishes this evening. They don't do this on a regular basis, but they know that she is saving up money for the Santa Shop on Saturday by doing chores.
- The dress that my MIL sent home for K- for Christmas is stunning. (She found it after Christmas last year.) Truly, the first big girl "gown" she's owned. I'll be hosting a table at the Christmas Tea in a few weeks, and K- will be wearing her very special dress.
- Hubs finished organizing the basement and gave us a tour. He's been off for over a week and has worked his butt off. I was threatening to purchase myself my own set of tools, but he has everything so organized at the work bench that everything is at our fingertips now. Hooray!
- Beating the pants off Hubs tonight on Foosball. We have a tabletop game that we like to play. I get him everytime.
- Our friend, Ford, is out training for his NEW! job. He was out of work for a year and really feeling not his provider worth. My friend, Kim, reports a complete turn around for him. I'm glad to hear this for them. What a Christmas gift!
- My friend, Carolyn, wearing sandals in the cold. I chuckled at her on Sunday, but she said that her feet get hot!
- My new coat. It was on a fantastic sale on Thanksgiving Day. It was marked down to $49.99 and I had a $10.00 off coupon. I needed a heavier coat to wear while walking K- to school in the morning. Not only did it keep me nice and toasty for the walk, but it kept me dry this evening during the cold rains that we've been experiencing.
- K- has a singing part with her friend C- in the Kindergarten Christmas program.
- I have plans to start my Christmas baking today! I'll have to let y'all know the progress tomorrow.
- Snow! We're supposed to get snow! :)
Have a wonderful day!