Thursday, November 12, 2009

Flying bits of self and funky odors.

Y'all, it has been a l.o.n.g. week. L O N G. There have been some pet peeves along the way. I'm sorry, but this is going to be a venting post. Please know that I'm warning you now.

I've had people lose control of their digestive tract and leave bits of self behind for us to clean up.

I've had a co-worker experience a visit from Auntie Flo and lose control and leave bits of self behind, without having been cleaned up.

I've experienced odors of people in many ways. There have been the raw onion eaters that came in right after lunch (my assumption) and stink up the joint. I've had people with far too much perfume on having their scent waft about. I've had a co-worker with an unclean smell overtake rooms and make me sick to my stomach. I've experienced folks with strong body odor and smell of unlaundered clothing.

I've been trapped on the ladder with ladies standing at the cheeks of my behind.

I've had people reaching over me.

I've had people step over me.

I've had people run me out of my displays.

I had an older woman who stated that she needed the restroom. I told her that it was currently unavailable, but before she could let me finish, she yelled at me, "WELL, WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO? GO HOME TO GO TO THE BATHROOM?!" I told her that I was sorry that we would need a few minutes because there were glass shelves leaned against the door. I told her that as soon as we cleared a path for her, we would let her know. Within two minutes, we were able to accommodate her request.

I've had to deal with a very lazy seasonal worker who has a habit of lying to keep herself from having to do work. She drives me absolutely insane, as I have an intolerance for lazy people who are being paid to work and there are so many others out there that would love the job. She has personally decided that she prefers to work at our sister store over us and when she has an opportunity, she'll escape to go back to the other counter.

Of course, I've dropped things and broke stuff. Not big expensive things, but I've broken stuff.

I have to work on Thursday at the very least. Thursday is my day off and my day for cleaning. I absolutely have to get done what I've promised to do. I'll work while K- is in school. It won't be a full day, but it should provide me with enough time to get the couple of displays done that I absolutely have to do.

My kid has been asleep the last two nights when I got home. That bums me out. At least tonight, she wasn't fast asleep so she did reach around and give me a hug when I told her that I was there.

I've been getting up and crawling into K-'s bed a little earlier than I normally do so that we can still get our reading time in together. We've only got three more blocks of 15 minutes of reading to get to the 200 mark for her 100 Book Challenge. We will finish this on Thursday. K- is very excited, as the next step is to adopt a stuffed animal. Still, my hope was to get this done earlier in the week. I promised by the end and by the end of the week she'll have.

Hubs has been doing K-'s school work with her every night, including her speech therapy homework. We normally do this together as a family at least a few times a week. I miss it.

I packed Daddy's macaroni and cheese in K-'s lunch on Tuesday and apparently I tightened the top so much that K- couldn't open it. She didn't know that she could ask the monitors for help, so other than carrots and a juice box, she didn't eat anything else for lunch. Ugh. Good news is that she ate all of the pot pie that I packed her on Wednesday.

I've had to toss laundry in the dryer to keep up. I just haven't had the time to hang items on the line this week. It makes me feel like a laundress failure.

I woke up tired Wednesday morning. I had to do display by caffeine. I've been running and running and I'm flat out tired. Soon and very soon, it'll all be done.

Have a very energetic day!

2 comments:

Rach said...

I'm SO sorry. What a crappy day. I'm so sensitive to smell I can't even imagine what you went through that way. ICK ICK ICK ICK ICK. :o(

And, ick for the rest of it too.

Hang in there. This craziness can't last forever.

As for me, I'm home early thanks to the nor'easter blowin' through. Oy. It was a nightmare situation trying to get all the kids home early. I'm happy to be home and warm and dry with my family.

Anonymous said...

Ew. I have a co-worker--also consider him a friend--that is smelly. He dresses nice. He seems to shower. He has a stick of deodorant in his car. So I am not sure why it doesn't work. I have been tossing around the idea of telling him, tactfully. But I am afraid he will blame the messenger. Anyway, sorry for your smells. That's icky.
ak