Friday, October 30, 2009

The characters of our Halloween

K-'s pumpkin. She hollowed it out herself, with help only to open it up and later remove some strings. She carved and carved. We have Hubs' pumpkin on top and mine below. Hubs had to work late, so I was kind and hollowed his pumpkin out for him. I really don't like cleaning pumpkins. My pumpkin is the non-traditional one. You would have never guessed it, right? My other non-traditional pumpkin. I just don't have it in me to do the triangle thing that Hubs did. They all look nice, regardless of the shapes cut into them. I forgot to get little tealight candles, so right now we are lit with some lovely beeswax votives that my mom bought me many moons ago. The yearly photo. Hubs and K- trick or treating in my parents neighborhood. See that costume? My friend Laurie made it with me when K- was 2. We made it extra long figuring that she could wear it a couple of times, but I never thought that we would get one more stab at the re-run. I admit that K- was supposed to be Padme', but it just didn't pan out. She was cool with the butterfly though. She likes flying around in it. Opening up the goodie bag from Nana and Grandpa Big House. (AKA my parents. Hubs' parents live in a condo. Mine live in an old farm house. K- has been calling them that for years and it stuck. What does she call Hubs' mom? Nana Cheese. Nana's daily snack of cheese for K- earned her the nickname.) And away she goes. (You can see her coat peeking out from under the cape. It is a bonus to the cape, though. It is warm, but she can wear it over a thick winter coat and no one knows!) One more trick-or-treat. We have our neighborhood trick-or-treat on Saturday evening, but wouldn't you know, it is supposed to rain! We'll still go. We have rain gear.

Smiles in my day:
- Being able to trick-or-treat in my old neighborhood with Hubs and K-.

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Rach said...

See, I'm more like Hubs on this one, I'm triangle eyes all the way. ;o) However, that's not to say I wouldn't love to be creative enough to create a more whimsical jack-o-lantern. And, K's looks fantastic! :o)

I love the monarch costume, and I bet K does too! It is beautiful. :o) Happy Halloween-ing. :o)

Erica@5 Minutes for Mom said...

What a GREAT job you did with the monarch costume. It's beautiful!

Kristen said...

What a creative costume! I love it.

Michelle said...

your pumpkins look great! and that's wonderful she could get another year out of her butterfly costume!

Jamie said...

I love your pumpkin!! I am very much non traditional but I am just not that creative anymore.

The costume was adorable. We have recycled a few costumes more than once. That is the fun part!

Happy Halloween.