Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Not in lights, but in print.

The Cleveland Magazine fact checker called today to confirm the information in the article, the spelling of my last name, the place that I work and my title. My friends, I will be in print in the October issue. Hooray!

Thunks to the forehead:
Was it really necessary for someone to abandon a $50.00 package of steaks on the shelf next to the apple juice? The package seemed recently abandoned, so I walked it back and there was someone from the meat department re-stocking the cases. She thanked me profusely for bringing it to her. We all complain about high prices, yet abandoning an expensive package of meat on a store shelf is just adding to the problem.

Smiles in my day:
- K- and Hubs went to the African Animal Safari where K- got to "ride in the front seat because it was a special occasion, Mom" and were able to cheer a pig named AJ on in the pig race. I asked Hubs about the relationship of the pig race to the African Safari and he said that it is just incredibly cheesy, but she just loves it.
- We had ANOTHER meeting today involving the floor manager, gallery director, one of the owners, Julia, me and another co-worker. We discussed what was expected of each of us. The owner told the floor manager that if a display gets changed, whoever is getting upset over it just needs to get over it as I'm display and that is my job. Hooray! The owner backed me. (I can hear the angels singing Hallelujah!) Hopefully now the floor manager will get out of her funk with me and leave me to do my job.
- Hubs' mom and dad are back in town, their flight was much more smooth on the way home than on the way to Milwaukee and the toilet that was broken was just a seal that needed replaced. (It broke on K- and I had to shut the supply valve off to get it to stop running.)
- My dad dropped off 2 yards of gravel. It will be the base for our new shed. The gravel? He got it with his discount which saved us $60.00! Thanks, Dad!

4 comments:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Must have been a big pack of steaks!! That was really wrong. Good for you for returning it.

Hope things are going well. Can't wait to read about ya (or the store or your name):)

Jamie said...

That was truly the right thing to do (returning the steaks). When I worked at Target, we were not permitted to sell anything that had been removed from the freezer cases, even if for a moment. I got an ear beating from our store manager one time for returning a box of TGIFiday snacks to the freezer case after someone decided not to buy them (but handed them to a cashier) because I didn't know that. I don't know how other stores work but that is something for people to think about. When the store takes a loss they have to make it up somehow.

It is always exciting to have your name in the news (as long as it is good news!). It still makes me nervous to be interviewed though. I am certain that I will say something stupid and they'll print it!

Genny said...

Found you through Rocks in My Dryer...glad I did. I'm a writer too. Congratulations on being in print!

Rach said...

Yay for getting things set straight at work. Hooray for the article--I can't wait to read it! :o)

It was a crazy busy day here, but fun nonetheless. I really am so blessed to work where I do. :o)