Smiles in my day:
1. Grandma was moved to the rehab center today and is doing miles and miles better than yesterday. She even had presence of mind to tell my aunt where her living will was kept, when the other day she had no idea.
2. While searching for Grandma's living will, we purged things from her drawers. In the purging, I found (in multiple purses, make-up bags, envelopes and the like) $843.00. It's in the fire box awaiting her return home.
3. Grandma no longer eats cereal, but had her aid continue to buy it for her. As a result, I came home with probably 12 boxes of Cheerios, Corn Flakes, Chex and Rice Krispies. (The cereal I buy, anyhow.) I don't suspect that will be on my shopping list for quite some time.
4. We tripped to the library, where I found lovely books on cooking (one on pressure cooking) and organic gardening.
5. The laundry is finished and hanging in the basement. The rain cloud hovered all day and I didn't want to risk it.
6. The bathroom is cleaned.
7. The living room is swept and tidied.
8. We went for a 3 mile walk last night.
9. Today, K and I are going to make the trip to the Akron Art Museum for the William Wegman exhibit on his dog, Fay Ray. I think that K- will love it!
10. Hubs is at an all day music festival. I'm hoping that the weather holds out. He's been excited about this for months and even took today and tomorrow off because of it.
11. Speaking of, we're going to Amish Country tomorrow. MIL watches K- all the time, so we're treating her to the trip, too. I have many things to stock up on at the bulk food store and this is the first trip all season! to our vegetable stand. How I love the Blessing Acres family. Lovely Amish folks. Yes, these were the same people that invited us to a customer appreciation party that K- proceeded to fill their outhouse with puke at. Yes. You can dress us up, but you can't take us out. (K- and I were dressed not Amish, but respectfully in dresses. Oh, she was such a mess.)
12. Have a wonderful weekend! We will! :)