Saturday, July 18, 2009

Nature smiling at us.

Here he is. (I refer to the bird as he and I don't know why.) We were outside listening to his calls, when he started flying overhead. I saw him coming in for a landing, but never imagined that he would land on the telephone pole right across the street from our house. We were standing on the sidewalk and I had my camera in hand. Isn't he gorgeous? We were so thrilled to get a good look at our hawk friend. We just had to share. See you on Monday!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Isn't it wonderful to share nature with our children. We have 2 hawks living at a close by park were we walk in the evening. One night we actually watched one of them swoop down in a tree and fly away with dinner. Larissa loves it when we can hear them and then it's a game to see who can spot them first.

Rach said...

First of all, "he" is the appropriate use for an unknown gender--sexist though it may be. ;o)

Second, he's GORGEOUS! What a bird! :o)