Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My mind is empty.

Or at least it feels as if it is. Not feeling very Tales-y today. Let's just cut to the good stuff, yes?

Smiles in my day:
- Hubs and K- had a wonderful day at Mentor Headlands. They built sand castles, dipped their toes into Lake Erie, climbed the rocks to the lighthouse and called to let me hear the waves crashing in.
- It was a beautiful day in the neighborhood. 75 F and not humid! I opened the windows this morning and Hubs was disappointed. (I think he would leave the air on all the time.) The temperature is wonderful!
- Digestively, I appear to have been healed. [Hands raised.] Mentally noted. 1/2 head of cabbage in 24 hours is too much. We'll feed the rest to Spike.
- There is a puffball (probably Cottonwood) floating by the window. Though Hubs is allergic, it certainly does look dreamy as it drifts along in the wind.
- Cheap school supply sales have started. (1 cent pencils at Staples through Wednesday.) Grant you, I don't drive out of my way for them, but if I am very near the store, I'll go and get them. I'll go ahead and admit it now. New school supplies are like a dru*g to me. The smell of a new box of crayons is so intoxicating. I get all giddy at the thought! (I have a school supply drawer downstairs in our basement that I supply basic school supplies to my nieces and nephew with. I have enough liquid glue and glue sticks for all of them for years!) Maybe that is why I was an art major in college!

2 comments:

Rach said...

Open windows and no humidity? Ah, you do have it good. :o)

You know what? I became a teacher for the school supplies. ;oP Okay, okay, just kidding, but boy do I have office/school supplies issues. I can't go into Staples, Office Depot or Office Max and not just wander and *sniff*. Oh, it just smells SO good. :o) When I taught downtown, I would supply all my students with school goodies since most of the time their parents couldn't afford to do so, so I was ALWAYS scoping the ads and waiting for the sales.

I just finished taking the majority of the donatables to the curb--I didn't want to scare the DAV guys off from coming back so I saved some for next time--and I REALLY sprained my ankle. Ow!!

Thank you for putting me on the sidebar. I can't imagine how excited you must have been to finally get that positive. I don't say it often, but I'm so terribly sorry for everything you have been through. You are an awesome mama and Bailey would have been blessed to be here with you. HUGS!

Jamie said...

Your Hub would die in my house. We don't believe in a/c and don't have it. My windows are open every day that the temp is above 55. It was beautiful here today too... no humidity is the best!

Funny, when I read puffball I was thinking "what in the world is that?"
My girls call them "wishes" because that is what they do with them - catch, make a wish, then let go.