Friday, June 5, 2009

A Picture Post: The Gardens

It's been a while since I gave a full garden update. Here goes!

Midnight Sage, if I recall correctly. Near the end of it's bloom, I'm afraid. My friend, Heather, bought it for me as a thank you for directing VBS a couple of years ago.

Milkweed. Hubs is always surprised that mine is so much bigger than what they have at work. Incidentally, the girls sent this seed home with him the first year that he worked there. The milkweed has taken quite nicely. Some of my sedum is flowering. Don't ask me the type of sedum. I can't recall.
A view of our backyard from the gate. It is a little yard, but we try to make the most of it. Our lily bed. The butterfly bushes are coming up nicely. The original butterfly garden.My daisies from Irina's garden. Though I don't know how to spell it correctly, I'll go phonetically. Ca-craceeva! (So pretty!) Yes Irina, I know that made you smile! :) My beans! They do live!!! The daylilies. Apparently, it rained a bit Wednesday night. I love rain droppy pictures. My gigantic sage leaves. Never have I seen sage leaves so big! Apparently, big leaves mean that it is very happy. Chamomile. Of course, it relocated itself from the actual herb bed to the driveway. There is not a stitch of chamomile to be found in the bed anywhere. It is happily thriving just outside of the bed, though. My lavender is just just just beginning to bloom. My house will have the lovely scent of lavender blowing in through the windows. My favorite smell. Yarrow. Volunteer snapdragons. Nevermind that it has probably been a good 6+ years since I've planted snapdragons. Some more volunteers. Last but not least, "Mommy! You have to take a picture of my toes!" What this picture proves is that I am, by my husband's definition "Mommy Scissorhands" with the clippers, K- needs her toes re-polished and her ring "Sleeping Beauty, actually" fits her tootsie just fine.

Have a nice weekend!

3 comments:

Rach said...

Oooooooo, I love the flowers! I don't think your backyard is that little. It looks perfect to me! :o)

I too am mommmy scissor hands when it comes to removing sharp toe and finger nails. It just makes sense to me. The blue polish is fabulous and the ring accents it quite nicely. :oP

Enjoy your weekend! :o)

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Very pretty! Your garden looks great! I am mommy scissor hands too. The boys hate it.

Jamie said...

Beautiful flowers! The garden is looking wonderful!

I go a little nuts with the toenail clipping, too.