We will be busy, busy this weekend. I'll be out 'til Tuesday, but with good reason. Look!
-Trip to the nursery with my mother-in-law so that we can spend our Mother's Day gift certificates on BEAUTIFUL flowers.
-Check in with my aunt to see if she really does want me to take her and my 91 year old grandmother to visit the cemetery.
- Weed flower beds.
- Plant newly purchased flowers.
- Hit the grocery.
- Prepare dinner.
- Watch friend's son so that her husband can attend another son's preschool graduation since she is playing violin at a wedding. She feels horrible she isn't able to attend, but they moved the night of the graduation AFTER she booked the wedding.
- Lowe's Build and Grow Workshop.
- Go to my sister's to celebrate my nieces 8th birthday.
- Go home, get a bath and change for a wedding.
- Go to wedding with K-, then race to my in-law's house 20 minutes away to drop K- off so that I can attend the reception stag since Hubs has to work.
- Church (hopefully a good sermon)
- Have a nice lunch together.
- Plant garden. Hubs is solarizing it for me right now. Though it says to do it for 4-6 weeks, we've done it for a week or two in the past and have had wonderful results. Hubs had purchased a sprinkle can of wildflower seeds for me one year and we did an "experimental bed." It was experimental all right. It was filled with ragweed and neither K- or I could breathe when we were in the back yard. Once Hubs discovered it, he sent us in, had us shut the doors, donned a dust mask and pulled it all. We then solarized the bed for 2 weeks. It didn't kill the perennials we had, but it did kill all of the ragweed. Hooray!
- Hit the thrift store for the sale. It is 50 cent Monday (the tag color of the day is 50 cents), there is the 1/2 price tag of the day AND! 20% off the whole sale on top of that! Cheap stuff for even CHEAPER! Sign me up!!!
- Prepare lunch.
- Take said lunch out on the boat with us. Hubs has had a 14' aluminum row boat since he has been 16 years old. He purchased it himself and towed it with a Bobcat (that overheated because of it, of course.) I haven't been out on the boat in a few years. In the evenings after work, I used to prepare dinner for us and we would go on "dinner cruises." We haven't done that in quite some time. I do kind of miss it.
So, I'll see you on Tuesday. Oh, I'll pop in, I just won't be taking the time to post. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!