Saturday, May 16, 2009

Ottababy Itzaboy

Baby Pine Cone, with the coaxing of an epidural, made his grand entrance to the world on his actual due date of May 16 at 2:11 AM. Baby Boy Pine Cone is a big boy at 8 lbs 13 oz and 20 1/2" long. Mama and baby are healthy and doing very well. Due to my sister's inability to decide on a name, baby boy is still Baby Pine Cone until further notice.

Girls are excited! I told them at 4:15 AM when everyone decided to wake up simultaneuously. (Argh.) Caffeine will be my friend today. Yes, they did go back to sleep finally. It only took 2 full CD's to make it happen.

Edited to add:
I'm a dork and I make up songs. I'll teach the kids these songs and we'll go in and perform them for our new baby boy.

To the tune of BINGO:
We have a little boy and his name is Leland
Vaughn is his middle name
L-e-l-a-n-d
L-e-l-a-n-d
L-e-l-a-n-d
And Leland is his name-o'!

To the tune of the Oscar Meyer Bologna song:
Our little boy has a first name,
It's L-e-l-a-n-d
Our little boy has a second name,
It's V-a-u-g-h-n
Oh, we love to sing it everyday,
We love him lots,
That's why we say!
We have a boy and his name is Leland
L-e-l-a-n-d, hooray!
(Okay, it's a little rough, but I'm running on little sleep.)

Good day, all!

Edit part 2:

Went to take girls to see Leland. Had to lie and say K- was a sibling since it is strict that no children other than siblings get to come in.

Camera had dead batteries. Ugh. No pictures of our boy. However, he has a full head of blonde (or as my niece J- would say, yellow) hair. He's sporting blue eyes at the moment. They look to come home tomorrow.

5 comments:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Congratulations to your sis on the birth of her very large boy! Hope mom and baby are doing well. Leland Vaughn is a very nice name :)

Rach said...

WOO HOOOOOOO!!! Hooray and congrats to EVERYONE!! :o)

Jamie said...

YAY! Congrats to your sister and the fam on a healthy baby boy!

I love the name Leland!

Michelle said...

Congrats Aunt! And congrats to your sister too! How cool that he made his etrance on his due date (Lucas was 1 day off - it is pretty neat!) And he's shares a bday w/my hubby, so a special day indeed :)

And hey, guess what? I make up songs too LOL Also to the tune of BINGO!
There was a mommy who had a girl
and Kayla was her name-o
K-A-Y-L-A etc etc
and it convienently works with Lucas too!

Another one is to the tune of Frere Jaques:
Brother Lucas, Brother Lucas
Are you sleeping...and the rest is the same. Just changed it to "brother Lucas" and "sister Kayla" LOL So you're not alone :)

Kaycee said...

LOL, I'm a little late, but I make up songs too. Lately we've been having fun with variant's of Barney's I Love You song.

Congrats on the new nephew!