Friday, March 13, 2009

An Anthem for My RAV

Another one bites the dust
Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone
Another one bites the dust
Hey, I'm gonna get you too
Another one bites the dust
-- Queen

Can you guess? The tire pressure sensor light was on yesterday morning. I gave a visual check, as Hubs had taken the tire pressure thingie BACK out of my car. It seemed fine. Last night, Hubs topped the tire off. This morning, the tire was flat. Hubs lovingly changed my tire-- again and found a big ole screw in it. A very well worn screw, so it's been in there for a while. This is the same tire, however that ate a pothole about 6 weeks ago. It appeared as though the loss of air at that time was the seal having been jostled. Apparently, we were wrong. That would be repair/replace number three since the end of October. I swear that my vehicle has a magnetic pull toward tire damaging things and just longs to have the tire pressure sensor light on. The pothole? It was 1/2 block away from the house, covered in snow and I was going less than 20 MPH. No, I'm not a bad driver. Seriously. The curb that I ate was my fault. I'll admit that. The screw in the tire in October? That was dumb luck. This second screw? Double dumb luck. My younger brother works at one of the Goodyear Tire Centers and I think that they swear that I'm single handedly trying to keep them in business.

UGH!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

AGAIN? Oh man, that totally stinks.

We all know you are trying to keep your brothers place of employment open!! hehe

Kaycee said...

We just paid off my car, so I'm expecting something to break. It needs new tires anyways, but they are so expensive.