Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tales from the Trenches

I admit, indecisive folks drive me batty. Indecision is not something I have a problem with. I chose my wedding dress from a photo in a book. I ordered it and it was even more beautiful in person. It's just the way I shop. I just know what I like.

Indecision puzzles me. Waffling folks wanting me to weigh in on their decision for a self purchase just confuses me more. Why do you care what I like? You should pick what you like best. I don't know you. I wished that I did, but I don't. What I like may be different from what you like. That is what I'll tell people.

We had a customer in today that is a prime example of what I'm talking about. She walked back and forth, exchanging fused glass window hangings for at least a half hour. She was having us wrap these 2 pieces for her "bestest friends" and had us take the artist tag off that talks about the piece and states that it was Made in the USA. She thought it made it look "cheesy." Hmm. (To the artist's credit, it was a small and very well done tag.) It took her another 20 minutes to choose 6 luggage tags that were 3.25 each. It was a painful process to watch.

It baffles me. I walk in a store and if I see something, I know that I like it. My mother-in-law will hem-haw over things for so long. She'll buy something and take it back a couple of times. She just has a tough time making a decision.

How are you with decision making? Do you borrow the public's opinion or do you fly on your own?

2 comments:

Dani said...

Hey there! I didn't realize you that you had a blog too!!! I just wanted to let you know that I got you Christmas card and it is beautiful!!!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I usually know what I want and I buy it. Or I don't buy it, go back for it, it's gone and have major regret.
Except for clothes. Went to Coldwater Creek yesterday to find something for the husbands Christmas party. Had exactly 50 minutes and the Little Man crying and whining. Couldn't find a thing, bought something I might like on another day, and had to leave after 70 minutes, making me 15 minutes to pick up Older Boy at school. I'm off to Aurora Farm today to try and find something I really like, wish me luck.