Sunday, December 28, 2008

Guess where we went today!

We'll give you a hint:

Can you guess?

While yes, we went to A Christmas Story House! The house is in the Tremont area of Cleveland and since we live south, we decided to make the trip up.

See, I can be incredibly cheesy. How are you supposed to act while in front of the leg lamp?
Don't forget to drink your Ovaltine!

Seriously, we had a great time. We toured the house, climbed in the cabinet under the sink (yes, K- and I did at different times), K- played in the backyard with Hubs and we even went to the museum. The museum, located across the street (it's the white corner house on the movie just across the street from the actual house that the Parker's lived in), had some actual movie props. While there, we met the head elf (Patty Johnson-Lafontaine) and one of the guys who carried in the FRAGILE box. (You had to say FRA-Ge-Lay, didn't you?) The head elf was very cool. She explained to K- that while she wasn't nice in the movie that she is really nice in person. She had a pretty fun conversation with K- about Curious George, too. (K- brought her stuffed Curious George with her.) Jim, the delivery guy, was pushing this puppy like he was one of the main characters. We watched the movie when we got home and found out that good ole Jim had only been on the screen for 30 seconds or less and HAD NO SPEAKING PART. All we could do was to laugh. Boy, he was way pushing the 10.00 autograph and 10.00 Untold Story of A Christmas Story DVD. No, we didn't purchase either one.

But hey! You can visit, too! Allow me to give you the link so that you can have the low down of info for yourself. I think that you would have a grand time! We did!

3 comments:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

LOVE that movie! The boys aren't into it yet, so I'm not sure that they would enjoy the tour. I'm waiting until they will appreciate it;) How fun though. I stayed up till midnight the other night watching that movie on TV. It's a classic. YOU'LL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT - lol.

Natalie said...

Great movie. Larissa watched it for the first time this year and just kept laughing throughout the whole movie. She especially liked any part with the dogs. And now she wants to go see the house too.

Rach said...

Oh. My. Gosh! I'm THOROUGHLY jealous, lol! :o)

As you know, it's one of my all time fave Christmas movie--we're still watching it about once a day, lol--and my goal is to one day see that lamp in person. ;o)

Thanks for dropping by to let me know about your visit. That, and pack-a-cheese. Hee hee! I LOVE me some kidspeak. :oP