1. You cannot brush your teeth while still attempting to keep a cough drop in your mouth. I tried. It was impossible. I stuck the toothbrush in before I remembered that the cough drop was there. They have basically been 80% of my caloric in-take for the past two weeks. It just seems natural to keep something in my mouth besides the teeth, tongue and whatnot.
2. If you have a denim skirt that goes to your knees, it is best to drop from the waist to use the ladies room rather than pull up from the bottom. To pull from the bottom leaves you with a whole lot of bunching and binding to have to sort out later.
3. Weather predictions continue to be just that-- predictions. Armageddon was supposed to arrive around 4 PM. It's 9:04 PM and it still hasn't arrived. Grant you, I'm glad for that, but I'm just saying that they don't need to panic the public.
4. My child, once again, had to be coaxed back into knowing that she is fine and that heat and reflux can be an ugly thing. We've come up with a heat action plan for this next week and I believe that we won't have to worry about a rinse and repeat episode of Sunday.
5. I'm always concerned about whether we will have enough cookies for the preschool graduation, but it always works out just fine. (I'm on the school board at church.)
Smiles in my day:
- Getting to the eclairs before all of the dirty kid handies got to them. Mmmmmm. Delicious!
- My husband made me dinner. It's Macaroni Monday!
- My husband also texted me about a tornado warning in our county earlier this evening. Of course, I didn't get it because my phone was on vibrate. Still, he thought of me!
- We talked about it this evening and I think that we're going to look into storm spotter training through the National Weather Service. I think it's a one day deal and my family always calls me to find out what's going on anyhow. Why not?
- Hubs is back to running on a regular basis now. Because he knows I worry about him, he faithfully wears his running vest and lit arm band when he runs. (He runs at night.) I like for people to be able to see him. Those things are years old and he's told me this evening that he thinks he is finally due for a new set. Fine with me. He just runs in the development around the corner, but still -- I want him to stay safe!
Have a great day!