Monday, October 11, 2010

Writing while yawning.

Y'all, I'm tuckered out.  This weekend was filled, filled to the gills I tell you. Really, the weekend started a few days early.

I got the text from April about her mom on the way home from walking K- to school on Thursday.  I processed that, then had to do an online training workshop for the PTA communication program, Just Between Friends.  The workshop was well worth the hour and 15 minutes it took.  I cleaned the house, then got a call from a friend needing emergency child care for a couple of hours in the evening.  After her two kids were picked up, I went over homework with K-, then got her ready for bed.  I then proceeded to input PTA member names into a spreadsheet until 11:30 PM. 

Friday provided us with a lovely trip to the "Appled Orcherd."  (As K- would say it.)  I signed on to be a chaperone.  K- has taken to having breakfast at school, so I drove over and had her there at 8 AM.  It was crazy for me to drive back, sit at home for a half hour, then come back.  For the hour that I had, I did some PTA stuff.  I was carpool driver for a few moms, then I had an hour to kill when we came back.  I really didn't want to leave then, because people start arriving to get the kids at 1:30 PM when school isn't out until 2:30 PM.  It becomes a giant traffic jam, so I decided to stay and work on more PTA stuff.  When we left school, we visited Aunt Donna and Grandma.  That trip wasn't exactly in and out and I finally had to tell Aunt Donna that I had been with 100 First graders and my brain was toast.  We went home and we all collapsed.  K- read to Hubs and he was so tired that he fell asleep on the second page of Amelia Bedelia.

Saturday started with Lowe's Building Workshops.  We had the fun house mirror, but Miss Patti had an additional puppet theater kit for the kids to do.  We hung out and built that one, too.  Since I was short on time and had the day full, we went next door to the Super Wal to get the needed supplies to do the massive amount of funeral cooking I had on deck for Sunday.  When we got home, I was a half hour behind the schedule that I had set for myself.  We were helping to work a pioneer event at one of the parks in the system that my husband works for. 

It involved costume.  Costume for me that involved acres of fabric. I had a huge dress with a drawstring neck.  Seriously, the dress looked like a before piece of clothing that would be dropped for a Weigh*t Wat*chers ad.  I had an equally as large skirt and an apron over top.  I also had a lovely vest.  I was supposed to wear the fluffy sleep bonnet, but K- had nothing to wear but her school uniform and little button down shirt.  (That was as plain as I could get.)  It worked out just fine, though.

We arrived at the event at about 12:45 PM.  Hubs didn't need us until 2 PM, so that gave us a little time to cruise around and get something to eat.  We worked the booth.  K- also played on the playground within eye shot of us and made some lovely friends.  We left out of there at about 6:30 PM.  I had to cruise past the grocery on the way home for frozen rolls to rise for the dinner on Sunday.  When we arrived home, it was bath time, bedtime, rolls to rise in the pans overnight time, then sleep time.  Hooray.

K- was up on Sunday morning rather bright und earlie (as we say in our house.)  Sheesh!  Girl was up at about 6:30 AM.  She wanted to watch TV.  She was all pestery.  I wasn't my happiest since I felt like I had something coming on.  (An Oscillo kicked it.)  Hubs took her to have her watch a movie and I was able to sleep on and off until about 8 PM. 

I skipped church and did the Lord's work as I baked and cooked from 8 AM - 1:15 PM.  The memorial for April's mom was today.  It was at the same time as soccer.  April insisted that both she and her mom would want nothing more than to have K- go to her soccer practice/game.  I drove past her mom's house to drop the food off.  I wanted to make sure that though I was unable to attend (with blessing), that my food could attend for me.  Later, I spoke to April who said that they had more than enough food, but not so much that they were floating when they went to leave.  They said that the amount that they had was perfect and I was glad to help in that way.

We went to soccer and K- caught a ball straight to the stomach which made her lose her breath and the pain made her panic.  After a few, I got her calmed down (normally, she doesn't quite panic like that) and off to the field she went.  Today, I was flying solo on the field since Hubs worked and the in-law's were attending a party in Columbus. 

We went to choir practice after and then I skipped the evening church leadership meeting because I'm toast.

How was your weekend?

Smiles in my weekend:
-  All of us are still standing upright. 

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Rach said...

You are quite the pioneer lady there, my dear. I have always thought those costumes are nothing but HUGE swaths of fabric. I guess I'm right.

I can only imagine how tired you must be.

How is Grandma, btw?

I'm sure April and her family thoroughly appreciated your thoughts and prayers and all the love you put into your cooking and baking, even though you couldn't be there.

I hope you get some much needed rest.

The Bean beckons--last feeding of the night.