Monday, July 12, 2010

There was a weekend. I'm sure of it.

A short post to say that I'm tuckered. This past weekend gave me a hormonal run for my money that kind of mucked up plans to paint. There were a few days that I traded my paint brush in for 2 Advil every 4 waking hours. Thankfully, the intense pain left after a few days and Sunday I was good to paint.

Y'all, I'm happy to announce that my walls are finally now La Fonda Terra Cotta. I'm also happy to say that it only took one coat, since we had two coats of primer.

I can also say that I bumped into the ceiling a few times and a couple of times, the wheel runners on my trimmer got paint on them (unknown to me), so I will be hitting them with Kilz a few times before I paint the ceiling.

Yes, I'm painting the ceiling after the walls. Trust me, I knew that I would whack the ceiling and the terra cotta is a darker paint. It's all good. I'm going to Frog tape newspaper to the border of the ceiling and go to town probably next Sunday. (Too much going on beforehand.)

We had two parties on Saturday.

We even managed to have a little fire on Sunday night.

If you'll excuse me, my pillow is calling me.

Zzzzzz.

Smiles in my weekend:
- Much!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Rach said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better. I didn't get a chance to check my email again before I left for dinner with the in-laws, and then, well, it was Sunday, lol!

I absolutely canNOT wait to see your kitchen!!! :o)

I hope you got some good rest last night. Ellie let me sleep until three. Hooray! :o)