Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Works for Me Wednesday: Zipper Tips

A million years ago, or at least 14, I was the assistant manager at a wedding boutique. While I can share all sorts of stories, I can pass on a few tips that I still use.

1. Stiff zipper not running smoothly?- Run a pink eraser over it. Problem solved.
2. Zipper catching on fabric and constantly jamming?- After unjamming the jam, when you zip-up, make sure that you place your middle finger (of the hand you are zipping with, believe me, it isn't as hard as it sounds) on top of the zipper carriage. (What is that thing called, anyhow?) That way, your finger will be to the fabric before the teeth of the zipper are, and it will force the fabric out of the way.

Smiles in my day:
- K- has a day off on Friday and we are planning a trip to the movies. She is excited about sitting in the "foldy chairs with big drinks and lots of popcorn." Should I admit that we'll be smuggling microwave popcorn and small juice boxes in?
- My crabbies seem to be subsiding. I was having oneofthoseweeks, mmm-hmmm, and I skipped posting a few days so as not to share the joy that was NOT oozing from me. I'm smiling now. That's a good thing.
- I skunked the house out so bad with the crock pot broccoli soup I made that I had to burn candles for hours just to try to get rid of the smell. Since it was for Hubs' volunteer shin-dig, he skunked work out so bad that they thought a mouse had died in the building! :s Isn't it funny how bad some foods smell, but how great they taste?

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Rach said...

I hear ya on the crabbies. It's just been one of those weeks. UGH!

Thanks for the zipper tips. And, yes, broccoli sure can stink things up. We once gave our guinea pig some broccoli and the end result was so potently awful we never did so again. That was one smelly piggie. ;oP